Senior Manager Systems Engineer Martech Ecommerce ( 598884-1H )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a technology leader who will be responsible for the delivery and operations of best-in-class MarTech and eCommerce solutions for our Visible customers. This role will be responsible for setting up and providing oversight of MarTech & eCommerce platforms for development, build and operations, ensuring highest quality and availability of the systems, in partnership with various stakeholders across technology, digital, marketing organization, and vendors.
This role will be responsible for leading implementation, optimization, and running of the MarTech platforms as well as operations for the broader eCommerce ecosystem for Visible. This person will lead a global team of diverse talent and will need to work with other managers within the organization and deliver the programs.
- Drive technical solutions and designs while collaborating closely with the systems of engagement, customer experience platforms and decisioning systems.
- Ensurethat the systems are robust, scalable, reusable, cloud native, and 24/7 availability and can support major launches flawlessly.
- Perform evaluations of third-party software in partnership with the enterprise architecture team to ensure new MarTech & eCommerce capabilities can be unlocked without compromising on scale, cost or security.
- Provide leadership and accountability for the above and ensurethat complex designs come to closure, minimizing impacts to internal Visible systems and increasing subscriber growth, delivering a great customer experience, and profitability.
- Ensure that solutions meet quality and strategic and tactical key performance goals.
- Maintain the stability and availability of all lower environments to deliver the business roadmap.
- Maintain Application and Infrastructure availability that meetdefined targets.
- Run global support organization that provides 24x7x365 coverage for key business functions.
- Provide project management oversight and run platform upgrades for the applications.
- Build a highly-motivated and talented team, coaching, and mentoring them to deliver high-quality products and services.
- Partner effectively with Visible teams in India and other global suppliers to ensure a cost-effective working model across the teams.
This role will be based out of one of the locations listed in the posting. In this role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience leading a technical team, with management experience.
- Experience in a related discipline including supervisory experience.
- Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Experience working in Systems of Engagement or Customer experience platforms and delivering high-scale and performing digital applications.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Experience managing global resources and complex delivery teams.
- Experience with Digital Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Personalization, Customer Data Management, Content Management, Marketing Automation, Advertising.
- Knowledge of MarTech platforms and tools.
- Managing project budgets and adjusting project plans to meet deadlines.
- Adjusting projects to adapt to changing requirements and involving IT resources from other areas.
- Vendor management and ensuring on-time quality delivery from suppliers.
- Executive communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Crisis management & risk mitigation.
- Experience running multiple enterprise applications at scale.
- Delegation and management of priorities across multiple teams & managing limited capacity.
- Ability to analyze system performance along with dev team, system, server, and network administrators.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).