Senior Systems Performance Engineer ( 600471-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Our success depends on the quality of our network. We expect great things for our system, and you’ll be using drive data and trouble ticket reports to spot problem areas and recommend fixes. And when system problems occur, or a customer reports an issue, you’ll investigate and find a resolution. Help us deliver on our promise to customers—the ability to make and maintain clear, uninterrupted connections.
- Analyzing our network’s capacity and coverage, and looking for ways tomake improvements.
- Implementing various system performance improvement plans.
- Recommending and evaluating the impact of new cells.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting system problems.
- Coordinating intersystem optimization.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
Never satisfied with the status quo, you thrive on continuous improvement. You have a strong domain experience in performance management tools, call processing, frequency planning, and all aspects of cellular networks. You enjoy the process of solving complex issues while empowering the team around you to do the same.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travelup to 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in electrical engineering.
- Experience in the cellular industry. Ideally, with network experience.
- Experience with RF data collection and analysis tools, such as DMAT, Actix, Windcatcher, Iris View, Atoll, Truecall, RF Scanners, and Spectrum Analyzers.
- Knowledge of intermodulation, distortion, interference detection, and mitigation techniques.
- Knowledge of antenna characteristics or antenna system design and selection.
- Knowledge of frequency planning constraints and requirements such as C/I, co and adjacent channel criteria.
- Knowledge of the 3GPP standards for 5G NR, LTE, and VoLTE.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).