Senior Systems Engineer - Farmington, CT (107186051)
If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut’s leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life's best work.(sm)
ProHealth Physicians, part of Optum is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team. The Systems Engineer will design, develop, implement and support an efficient and effective network and distributed computing environment encompassing: data, video, wireless, LAN’s/WAN’s, PC, and Server technologies, that ensures a high degree of customer satisfaction. This position is also responsible for network performance monitoring and problem resolution processes to maintain a highly available infrastructure.
- Design and Maintain Citrix Xenapp environment, including Citrix Provisioning Server, Citrix EdgeSight reporting and Citrix Netscaler/Access Gateway Appliances
- Maintain a highly available Windows Server Environment to include MS Server 2012, 2016 and MS Server 2019, VMWare ESX, Group Policy and Active Directory and associated hardware
- Provide daily health checks for Server and Citrix environments
- Install and test new network equipment, servers and other hardware and software technologies as required
- Develop and monitor appropriate security procedures to safeguard systems from physical harm, unauthorized access by users, viruses and damage to data
- Establish and perform preventative maintenance schedules for network equipment, servers and other hardware and software technologies
- Provide project management leadership for medium to large scale projects. Monitor project progress, deliverables, quality assurance, and customer service. Report status and identify and resolve risks that impact project completion to the Infrastructure Director
- Preparation of charts and diagrams to document network operations
- Maintain inventories of network and computer equipment
- Perform related duties as may be appropriate
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field or IT related degree and/or combination of directly related progressive work experience
- 2012-2016 Active Directory and Group Policy
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019
- Citrix XenApp 6.x or 7.x
- VMWare 7.x
- SAN Technologies
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- MCSE Certification
- Citrix Certification
- MS Exchange 2013
- HP Server Technology
- MS System Center
- Cisco Routers and Switches
- Citrix Provisioning Server
- Citrix Netscaler/Access Gateway
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Connecticut Residents Only: The salary range for Connecticut residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.