Senior Systems Engineer ( R-00084470 )
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer, located in Dayton, OH, directly supporting our R&D customer. The selected candidate will provide technical leadership by ensuring the architecture design, prototype, integration, testing, and demonstration of cutting-edge, next-generation Open Architecture software throughout various design and development phases to characterize the customer requirements. The multi-year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an ongoing mission and operating system standards.
What you will get to do on a daily basis:
- Lead program technical solution development activities
- Responsible for significant customer interaction, including presentation of solution options and recommendations
- Standard engineering methodologies, processes, and tools will be used to perform problem-solving, solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities
- Responsible for planning technical software baselines developing and implementing an integration plan, planning, and coordinating User Acceptance test plans, and plans for software release
- Responsible for writing and maintaining source code, creating, and maintaining software applications, and applying frameworks involved in a software release.
- Responsible for the specification, design, development, implementation, unit testing, integration testing, writing documentation, and systems requirements analysis of technical products and systems.
- Drive customer and internal support for and execution around continuous R&D requirements for both internal and external customers.
- Technical customer requirements – discovery and analysis of requirements. Impact assessment and estimates against customer-provided specifications.
- Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of functions, strategy, and operations.
To be successful in this job you will need these:
- Must be a US citizen
- Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering/technical discipline with 12+ years of relevant software engineering experience; or a Master’s degree with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in project scheduling using MS Project
- Experience in leading and mentoring a small team of system engineers.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git); issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira); and continuous integration environments (Jenkins).
- Must have experience leading the development of solutions for proposals, writing technical volume, and RFI responses
- Experience in Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with software development life-cycle products from requirements, design, implementation, and testing phases
- Proficiency with C/C++ and/or Java programming
- Operating Environments: Linux / Windows
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio, and Eclipse/NetBeans IDEs
- Has in-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts, and their application across a range of programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with supervising technical personnel
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Software development/engineering experience with open architectures such as Open Mission Systems
- CMAKE, GIT and shell scripting experience
- Experience writing documentation in accordance with DD Form 1423-1 Contract Data Requirements List
- Model Based Systems Engineering experience
- Familiarity with server infrastructure products: VMware / WebLogic Server
LInCPay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00