Senior Systems Engineer - ACD Voice ( R-00084332 )
Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer who is a Subject Matter Expert supporting the Future Flight Services Program (FFSP) Automated Call Director (ACD) and Voice Communication Switch (VCS) which supports the 24x7x365 operations in a complex, multi-platform environment. FFSP supports the general aviation pilots’ safety flight briefings, including, search & rescue activities, ground to ground, and air to ground communications systems.
Key areas of responsibility include the following: Voice Communications / VOIP, network technology, and Automated Call Director.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for a wide range of highly technical network activities across multiple disciplines requiring a highly diverse background in all aspects of ACD and VCS management and support.
Senior Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
• Provide technical analysis and research in planning, engineering, design and implementations.
• Directly coordinate & communicate with program and FAA personnel in the ongoing design, support and maintenance of the FFSP Architecture
• Perform Subject Matter Expert rapid analysis and remediation on FFSP Operational issues arising in day-to-day operations supporting the Flight Service 24x7x365 environments.
• Perform Subject Matter Expert rapid analysis and remediation on FFSP lab issues arising in day-to-day operations supporting the Flight Service 24x7x365 Development environments.
• Provide analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to problems.
• Implement new hardware into production computer rooms, complete activities that can’t be done during first and mid-shifts to minimize risks associated with equipment changes and implementations in active production FFSP operational computer rooms.
• Evaluate risk associated with planned implementations processes, monitors associated risks and communicates changing risk assessments while performing implementation activities in the event of abnormal system feedback.
• Coordinate third-party maintenance for ACD and VCS equipment and troubleshoot problems as needed.
• Provide after-hours support
• Work independently to resolve reported issues
• Must be willing to work variable shift work supporting maintenance windows 10:00pm to 6:00am for implementation of changes to the FFSP lab and Operational systems
• Work independently after hours supporting Maintenance Window hardware installations on third shift for the installation and support of hardware in production operations for the FFSP lab and Operations equipment
• Research ongoing updates for ACD and VCS equipment and submit recommendations for final review by the FFSP Change Control Board
• Create implementation plans/technical solutions for approved Change Requests, coordinate implementation activities with other support areas, and implement planned changes to production environments
• Work as part of a larger team of Subject Matter Experts to affect repairs to all automation equipment within the facility and within the FFSP enterprise
• Requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience in full life cycle systems engineering approaches
• Strong understanding of the Aspect Call Director system
• Strong understanding of Voice Communication Switch systems
• Experience with telephony / ACDs
• Experience and/or knowledge of Flight Services and aviation / air traffic control systems
• Aspect Unified-IP
• Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
• Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) – Nuance
• Text-to-speech (TTS)
• IVR CXP language
• IVR M3 language
• Business Objects / Business Views
• Crystal Reports
• NICE voice recording
• NICE Work Force Manager (WFM)
Must: Be US Citizen
Be able to pass an Public Trust investigation from the FAA customer
Be able to support emergency and off hours support
Be able to support variable daily work hours