Senior Systems Engineer ( R-00083171 )
Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support and more! If this sounds like the kind of place where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Systems Engineer in the Ft. Meade area, MD.
Leidos is a 10-year incumbent prime contractor on a large multi-year contract that develops, integrates deploys, and sustains large collection systems, and is pursuing a follow-on effort as a preferred subcontractor. The work is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. We will continue to provide exceptional service to our customer in an area in which we have deep incumbent knowledge.
Significant requirements include Mission Management, Operations, and Sustainment activities. The team will provide 24x7x365 support to multiple Operations Teams and will feature 1st/2nd/3rd Party Partner Engagement.
The Senior Systems Engineer will support deployed customer processing systems, focusing on system operations, troubleshooting, and maintenance. The candidate will also support system integration, upgrade, and deployment activities. The majority of the time will be spent on telecommunications signal and software engineering activities. This includes signal processing workflow management, signal data analysis, infrastructure design, maintenance, and integration work such as the configuration of virtualized environments, encryption, unique product installations and configurations. The ideal candidate will have recent, first-hand experience designing, integrating, and sustaining customer mission systems, and must have recent, first-hand experience supporting customer architecture and component development efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Twenty (20) years experience as an SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Within the last seven (7) years, a minimum of five (5) years experience in at least four (4) of the below specializations:
- Signal Analysis
- Modern Telecom Systems and Networks
- Telephony Switching Systems
- Communications Systems
- Cellular/Personal Communications Systems
- TDM/PCM Multiplexing/Modulation/Switching Systems
- Packet Switching System
- Systems Engineering
- Operating Systems
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with SIGINT system integration.
- Knowledge of modern telecommunications networks, protocols, and technologies.
- Experience using LINUX-based data processing applications, and an understanding of the LINUX environment (limited scripting, command line arguments, etc.).
- Experience with COTS and GOTS processing tools.
- Some System Administration background.
- An understanding of SDH communications, and IP networking.