Sr. Systems Engineer ( R-00085150-OTHLOC-PL-2D1270 )
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Leidos C-sUAS E&I team currently has an opening for an experienced and motivated senior systems engineer to support the of the Medusa C-sUAS SoS program. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and skill to support business area growth in the Force Protection Market with an overall emphasis on Base Defense and Counter-sUAS (C-sUAS); providing a wide range of engineering support to enhance both Base Defense and C-sUAS operational capabilities in CONUS and OCONUS locations.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
As a member of the systems engineering team, the candidate will interact with other engineering disciplines to define and manage system requirements and architecture at the system, sub-system and product level both as an individual contributor and as a task lead. The candidate will provide support to the C-sUAS mission using their experience with Model Based Systems Engineering to capture the SoS design in our SysSML modeling environment. The candidate will also serve as the SE Scrum Master working with the program Chief Engineer and Lead Systems Engineer to lead the effort associated with grooming the backlog, leading sprint planning and sprint reviews and leading the daily scrum meetings with the SE team. The candidate will also communicate as required with the customer SE product owner.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must possess an active SECRET clearance
- Proven ability as a Scrum Master, applying past experience to groom the backlog, manage sprint planning and reviews and oversee the daily execution of SE sprint activity using the Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Knowledge applying systems engineering principles to include requirements management, architecture design, system integration & test planning and execution to support development and deployment of the C-sUAS capability.
- Knowledge in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and experience applying it to the full engineering lifecycle.
- Knowledge in Agile methodologies and Scrum
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Operational experience with the USAF Security Forces
- Working knowledge of semi-autonomous system operations
- Working knowledge of USAF C5ISR systems