Telecom Systems Engineer I ( R-00085204 )
Leidos is looking for a Systems Engineer I to join our team of engineers, analysts, and task leaders in providing technical support to the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency’s (CISA) Emergency Communications Division (ECD) for the national security and emergency preparedness (NS/EP) Priority Telecommunication Services (PTS) Program. This is a newly-funded task being activated on a long-standing, Leidos Prime Program.
Hybrid Remote- Candidate must be local to the Vienna, VA area. Onsite is required for occasional meetings, requirements of position and other contract requirements.
Supporting the ECD mission, the Systems Engineer I will also be interacting with other Government contractors and US communications services providers to provide engineering analysis of the future technologies and solutions for priority communications over current and next generation wireline and wireless networks for services such as priority voice over IP (VoIP), data, video, and information services.
- Requirements Analysis, System Architecting, Systems Engineering, Data Architectures Analysis, and Systems and Operational Performance Analysis, Lab and Production Network Service Testing
- End products may be technical documents, reports, and briefings for Leidos’ ECD customers
- Produces solutions to a variety of problems that may arise in an expeditious and timely manner
- Makes presentations to colleagues and Government customers on an occasional basis
- Works independently or as part of a technical team, in support of systems engineering projects
- The position involves participation in virtual meetings and occasional in-person meetings with Leidos team and Government staff at various locations in the National Capitol Region (NCR)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in an Engineering field (Systems, Electrical or Computer Engineering preferred) with up to 2 years overall engineering experience
- Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Entry on Duty (EOD)
- Candidate must live within commuting distance from the work site
- Demonstrated interest/experience in communication networks and computer network architecture
- Interact well with a team, positive attitude, good verbal and written communications skills, and strong self-initiative
- MS Office proficiency
- No initial clearance needed to start the program; however, you must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Software development experience
- Familiarity with the Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC)
- Coursework involving communication networks, Internet Protocol (IP), and an understanding of information security
- Knowledge or experience with some of the following is an advantage: Product Lifecycle Analysis, Requirements Analysis, Product Testing, Risk Analysis, VoIP, wireless technologies, next generation networks, industry standards development organizations, cellular networks, cable/wireline broadband communication
- Experience with, or training in, systems modeling
- Familiarity with SharePoint development/maintenance
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.