Lead Mechanical/Systems Engineer ( R-00085224 )
Leidos has an opening in the Lynnwood, Washington office for a Lead Systems Engineer to manage and provide technical leadership for a group of experienced mechanical engineers engaged in design and development of Naval and Maritime systems.
Primary (70%): Lead Systems Engineer/Chief Engineer coordinating a distributed multi-disciplinary team of electrical, mechanical, software, and systems engineers and subcontractors in the design, prototyping, and test of Naval systems for fleet use. Work closely with Government and Military customers and end users to derive requirements and develop cost effective solutions for military surface and underwater systems and subsystems integrating advanced acoustic, optical, electrical, and robotic technologies in a challenging technical environment. Involves planning, technical resource allocation, and guidance of execution from proposals through preliminary and detailed design, prototyping, test, production, and delivery.
Secondary (30%): Line management of a group of mechanical engineering personnel including hiring, assigning to projects, arranging mentoring opportunities, performance and salary reviews, and oversight of compliance with Leidos policies and training standards.
- Requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- Able to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work without close supervision.
- Strong, effective, and professional communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
- Maritime systems and/or ocean engineering experience greatly preferred.
- Prior experience with unmanned underwater vehicles, operating and control systems and associated electronics/sensors, launch and recovery subsystems, and system-to-host interfaces, including acoustic ranging and communications.
- Lab and field test leadership experience
- Experience with Line Management of a small group of experienced engineers
- Familiarity with Model Based System Engineering tools and processes