Systems Performance Engineer ( 601632-1A )
What you’ll be doing...
Our success depends on the quality of our network. We expect great things for our system, and you’ll be using drive data and trouble ticket reports to spot problem areas and recommend fixes. And when system problems occur, or a customer reports an issue, you’ll investigate and find a resolution. Help us deliver on our promise to customers—the ability to make and maintain clear, uninterrupted connections.
- Analyzing our network’s capacity and coverage, and looking for ways to make improvements.
- Implementing various system performance improvement plans.
- Recommending and evaluating the impact of new cells.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting system problems.
- Coordinating intersystem optimization.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You have a strong customer service orientation. You like to take ownership of an issue and resolve it successfully. You are able to understand and evaluate a complex problem and present solutions. You work well independently as well as effectively with diverse business teams and vendors to implement solutions.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Valid Drivers License.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in electrical engineering.
- Experience in the cellular industry. Ideally, with network experience.
- Experience with RF propagation tools and radio test equipment, like Ascm, DataPro, Spectrum Analyzers, Actix, Windcatcher, or RF Scanners.
- Understanding of intermodulation, distortion, interference detection, and mitigation techniques.
- Understanding of antenna characteristics or antenna system design and selection.
- Understanding of frequency planning constraints and requirements such as C/I, co and adjacent channel criteria.
- Understanding of LTE, VoLTE, Evdo, or CDMA.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.