Systems Engineer ( 601540-1L )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Join Verizon as we continue to expand our industry-leading network to improve the ways people, businesses, and things connect. Verizon is positioned to lead the “Fourth Industrial Revolution” (4IR) with the emergence of technologies like our best-in-class 5G network and the Internet of Things (IoT) to impact a wide variety of industries such as healthcare, education, manufacturing, public safety, government, and many others. We are in the midst of historic breakthroughs in connectivity and mobility to blend the physical and the digital through cutting-edge technologies such as virtual reality, augmented reality, artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, nanotechnologies, 3D printing, wearables, and advanced robotics. As part of this team, you will play a critical role in our network transformation through building a unified network across all lines of business and maintaining the technology that keeps millions of our customers connected. The purpose of this role is to serve as a Product Owner (PO) in a SAFe Agile environment working with development teams to develop NPP RAN Planning software.
- Driving requirements, develop process flows, develop priorities and work with NS, HQ, and regions to develop Fuze Planning.
- Delivering health reports to provide visibility into design/traffic/pipeline issues and implement solutions to address them.
- Working with customers and other Business Stakeholders to define and prioritize stories in the Team Backlog.
- Serving as a SME for Atoll and RF propagation tools.
- Working with development and customers to drive future of RF tools and deliver a product that meets business needs while addressing customer needs.
- Collaborating with team members and submarkets to drive development changes to help standardize design configurations, equipment, and processes.
- Working as a team with the Submarket Engineers, HQ, and Territory peers to create best practice guidelines from their input.
- Developing the logic to forecast RAN equipment network needs.
- Applying the definition to give project priority guidance to the Submarkets.
- Supplying clear, concise, and detailed person to person communication on a daily basis with network team members.
- Increasing efficiency of tool development and creating new ways to automate processes and reporting.
- Developing the logic to forecast RAN network needs.
- Providing concise, and detailed person to person communication on a daily basis with network team members.
*** This role can be located out of any US based Verizon location.***
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and support night or weekend work as needed.
- SAFe experience.
- Leadership skills to lead projects to deliver results and be technically competent in RF/Traffic.
- Experience in LTE, CDMA and EVDO networks and their performance.
- Knowledge of equipment operations and network standards.
- Demonstrated experience in engineering and operations of Nokia/ALU and/or Ericsson equipment.
- Knowledge of equipment capacity and future capabilities.
- Ability to develop reports and manipulate information using Tableau.
- Knowledge of VPI, MPT and other capacity planning and RF/Performance tools.
- Ability to diagnose and correct various system and interworking problems and provide simple and effective summary recommendations.
- Knowledge of network capacity and performance, and ability to prepare network plans.
- Knowledge of wireless systems, digital communication, and traffic engineering.
- Knowledge in mapping software.
- Ability to investigate and implement alternate approaches to resolve difficult problems.
- Capability to be flexible to attempt alternate solutions to resolve issues and seamlessly adjust to a dynamic, changing business environment.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.