Systems Engineer ( R-00084592 )
Clearance: DV clearance required
Location(s): Herefordshire, with occasional travel to other sites.
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a Infrastructure Engineer for our Leidos engineering capability. The successful Systems Engineer will have a full understanding of the principles of systems engineering, will have prior experience as a Systems Engineer on a major programme involving accepting and integrating deliveries from suppliers. Using your experience in System and Infrastructure Engineering, you will be responsible for working with customers and suppliers to execute Systems Engineering activities across the full lifecycle.
As a Infrastructure Engineer in Leidos you will be working on one of our key programs delivering support on a complex and ever changing MOD system. You will be working on a system that is directly involved in ensuring the National Security of the UK.
What you will do
Your primary responsibility will be to enact good systems engineering practices in a predominately Windows environment. Key subsystems include radio, video and network interfaces. Your role will include full lifecycle management of a systems environment, project delivery subject to customer direction and technical development of the core system.
What we are looking for
Current clearance, or the ability to gain DV clearance.
MS Windows Server administration experience and associated technologies such as AD, DNS & DHCP.
MS SQL Server Administration experience would also be useful.
Responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical Microsoft server systems.
Experience with virtualisation technologies e.g. Vmware, Hyper-V
Manage server patching through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
Configure and maintain Windows servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
Experience with backups, restores and recovery models, e.g Veeam, BackupExec
Red Hat experience.
Working knowledge of radio technologies, in particular ROIP.
Familiarity with networking technologies.
Knowledge of JSP440 security guidelines.
Knowledge/Experience working within an MBSE environment.
Experience of working with industry partners and platform integrators to support platform integration and installation.
For more information and guidance please visit : https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
• Dynamic Working: [Register to View] 54644725*7CUnknown*7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0*3D*7C3000*26sdata*3DQxtBDUXYgGzawuc3ee20e*2B1avgmSo6as9lR4oSzlxQY*3D*26reserved*3D0__*3BJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSU!!Az_Xe1LHMyBq19w!bg9utFmAmNki97vPBpSaNunzsADilgIywFoprgz4dgBRab1kcTPIHhw4AlByBQKlsFC2ih_jKQ*24&data=05*7C01*7C*7C6d7b579a56e3456430d208da32a15461*7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa*7C1*7C0*7C[Register to View] 12523707*7CUnknown*7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0*3D*7C3000*7C*7C*7C&sdata=5ksFEoddb6A66c6ZOKwBxwQF99ypq0AnuENzgdHUZzU*3D&reserved=0__;JSUlJSUlJSUlJSoqKioqKioqKiolJSoqKioqKioqKioqJSUqKiUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSU!!Az_Xe1LHMyBq19w!dYil2qMWk1hEuls0XnLVo5-5Eizadhnvv3FbD-9RSzDsbRIltP5YlVBUPCzgGRIJopKtFC-xYg$">https://www.leidos.com/sites/g/files/zoouby166/files/2019-11/PDF-Dynamic-Working-Leidos-UK.pdf
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.Pay Range:
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.