Lead Systems Engineer ( 599992-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will play a key leadership role as system engineering lead and as system solution architect in network and customer migration group under network systems. You will lead cross functional effort in identifying architectural design and improvements, deployment strategies, continuous integration and delivery, testing and maintenance building upon a broad knowledge spanning all aspects of strategic program delivery. You will develop key skills and knowledge within the Applications Delivery team to sustain the implementation of cloud operational techniques within the organization. Work through action records to improve application architecture and design and improve greater operational efficiencies.
- Lead the E2E delivery of key initiatives under network and customer migration group.
- Working with teams onshore employees, Verizon India employees and global vendors to program delivery.
- Delivery on key application initiatives as prioritized by business and IT leadership.
- Architecting technology platforms, ongoing core application development by guiding development team efforts, quality check code with code reviews for production readiness, performing ongoing architectural assessment, and maintaining standard processes and procedures.
- Act as the lead in the transformation under Network and customer migration group to meet Verizon strategic transformation in moving to DevOps & Agile methodology for SDLC and initiatives to enable Verizon to save cost and yet able to scale with initiatives.
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence direction of decisions for organization.
- Work closely with cross functional teams across the teams to answer important questions.
- Prepare presentations and reports to internal and external customers, as well as internal Executives.
- Design cost effective delivery solutions with existing/re-using architectural constructs.
- Be a change agent to uncover value throughout the organization, and communicate findings to the leadership team.
- Prepare Operations Review cases backed with metrics and measures.
- Collaborate with IT leadership teams to derive business value on deliverables.
- Responsible for evaluating various new technical products based on changing business needs and making product recommendations to management keeping in mind the architecture of the entire list of applications supported.
- Works with various teams across Verizon to match the VZ standards and with external vendors to ensure that SLA’s are met both internally and externally.
- Complete flow of how the application works can be easily understood and reengineered if required to adjust to Verizon standards and processes.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates. You enjoy working collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment to analyze and creatively solve complex problems. You want to transform the way we work on the inside to improve the experience we deliver on the outside.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with J2EE and Java technologies, Spring, Servlet, Web Services, XML, XSLT, SOA & AJAX.
- Experience with SOA, modular code development, micro services, design pattern, multi-threading.
- Experience with Server back end and API/Service development.
- Experience with JUnit/TestNG, Maven, Oracle, UNIX.
- Knowledge with network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP.
- Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Knowledge of web technologies (such as HTTP, Apache, MySQL, or HTTP Proxies) and knowledge with Unix/Linux.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Knowledge or working experience on Business Process Modelling (BPMN) with Bonita or RHPAM.
- Telecom experience in Network Engineering or customer Service Provisioning.
- Experience in Solution Architecture, System Architecture and/ or Software Delivery/ Project.
- Experience in an agile delivery model and knowledge of Agile frameworks such as SAFe, DevOps tools and methodologies.
- Knowledge on how Java Stack and open source products works.Knowledge of architecting and designing Enterprise Systems.
- Experience with Cloud, Linux, Orchestration, open source, security or COTS products.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.