Sr. Systems Engineer, Communications & Collaboration - Telecommute (108969535)
Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
The Senior Systems Engineer - Communications & Collaboration Technologies has domain expertise providing architecture, engineering, and support for in-scope technologies. This includes providing effective technology design services and escalated support operations on a 24x7 basis in one or more of the following areas:
- Collaboration Tools & Technologies
- Engineering & delivery of O365 services (including Sharepoint) and other related platforms
- Mobility infrastructure solutions and Mobile Device Management (MDM technologies)
- Machine Images, Patching, Software Packaging and deployment platforms (SCCM) - Engineering
- End point/Device standards & solutions
- Windows OS (End-point) security, patching, vulnerability management
- Print services (on premise, hosted, managed)
- Escalated Support (via ticketing system)
- Virtual Desktop Technologies (VDI) - Horizon or Citrix - Architecture, Engineering, Administration.
- Directory Services Platforms
- Architecture, engineering, administration, & escalated support of various Directory Services platforms/solutions (such as: Active Directory, Ping Identity, Okta, etc.) with an eye toward scalability, stability, and secure operations.
- User access administration engineering - including templatizing user profiles, role-based-access design, onboarding/offboarding automation, audit readiness, and general care/feed of AD
- AD Proxy & AD authentication management
- Any Virtual Directory solutions & services (Azure hosted)
- Escalated support & general administration of above
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Hands-on in technologies from an architecture, engineering, administration, and escalated support perspective.
- Liaison to service desk and EUT teams to ensure effective delivery of solution to meet needs of the business and provide outstanding customer service while promoting issue resolution at lower tiers.
- Mentor and develop junior team members.
- Drive awareness and adoption of key tools and technologies
- Expected to demonstrate technical competence and a high level of autonomy in leading team and project efforts
- Drive a technical/platform strategy for owned technologies/platforms that addresses end-user pain points, scalability, manageability, security and drives adoption of core services while ensuring high user satisfaction
- Provide specification of current and future-state services and assist in constructing an attainable roadmap to achieve the desired future-state driven by Landmark’s business and end-user requirement
- Participate in driving a culture of metrics-based performance, gathering and reporting relevant team and technology performance metrics / KPI’s to senior leadership
- Provides technical leadership to successfully develop and execute departmental and company objectives
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key service providers and technology partners.
- Collaborates with peers in development & delivery of technology services
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring and reporting on controls compliance
- Ensures that appropriate tools or mechanisms exist to deliver world-class services and processes exist and/or are developed as appropriate
- Works within and with other IT departments to define appropriate strategies for improving processes and procedures, develop and implement changes and improvements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of IT experience in areas of increasing technical responsibility (architecture, engineering, support) in the following: End-User Computing, Messaging & Collaboration, Enterprise Computing, Security, Cloud end-user services & related Data Network, Security
- Broad-based hands-on experience with a variety of infrastructure technology platforms, including Applications Hosting platforms, knowledge of data-center services; Virtualization (VMWare, Citrix, other desktop virtualization technologies); Networking; MDM technologies (Meraki, Intune, etc).
- Experience working in a fast paced & growing environment with a career track record of engineering, developing, deploying, and maintaining business critical systems in the area of technical expertise including hands on solution development and implementation experience
- Deep troubleshooting technical skills
- Solid understanding of how to identify and instill industry best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or other technical discipline
- Self-motivated, with keen attention to detail and excellent judgment skills
- Ability to establish new standards for quality, performance or productivity
- Ability to translate technical issues into understandable business language for end users
- Exceptional collaboration, teamwork, negotiation, influence, and relationship-building skills at all levels internally and externally
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one gi information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-relatedyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.