Senior Systems Engineer - Telecommute (109083035)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position sits in the OCII Center of Excellence team, directly tied to M&A activities. This position will support the Data Center Infrastructure and Hosting services. Ideal candidates will be directly assisting our recently acquired care entities as they transition into Optum. You will guide these partners on use and adoption of tooling and best practices to support overall reduction of risk in their legacy environments as well as ensure alignment with future Optum practices for things like: Security TVM, Patching, Monitoring, Alerting, ITSM, and Config Management.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide hands on design, deployment, configuration, and management of all systems
- Interact directly with acquired IT stakeholders to understand needs and recommend solutions
- Act as a liaison between Center of Excellence team and the acquired IT teams
- Supports risk mitigations and implementations of operational best practices
- (ITSM, monitoring/alerting, automations)
- Proactively analyze performance data to forecast needs
- Recommend, test, and implement solutions to address needs
- Support and in some cases lead software migrations and implementations
- Proactively manage and maintain server and storage platforms
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix and VMware technologies
- Automate-First mindset using proven and tested tooling
- Ability to work in teams and independently to resolve a variety of issues
- Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new technologies
- Assist in investigation of security incidents
- Works well under pressure, willing to occasionally travel to other regions
- Provide after-hours support as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of experience with enterprise level System Administration
- 7+ years of experience with Windows Server 2003/2008/2012R2/2016/2019
- Experience managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV/Virtual Server
- Experience with Storage technologies - NAS / RAID / SAN
- Active Directory Management and Group Policy application
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Server technologies and of infrastructure configuration; DNS / WINS / DHCP / DFS / SMTP / LDAP / Telnet
- Solid knowledge of system troubleshooting based on application and system logs.
- Ability to manage deployments/rollouts
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree in Information systems (or equivalent experience)
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs
- Some experience with Linux/UNIX administration
- Experience managing large scale Citrix/2X/Terminal Server installations
- Exposure Microsoft licensing solutions and support
- Exposure to LAN Routing and Switching design, configuration and troubleshooting (VLANs, IP Subnetting, 802.1Q trunks)
- Solid communication and documentation skills is a must
- Ability to assist in troubleshooting network issues tied to infrastructure operations
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Organized and can manage projects of varying length
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- True team player who can build relationships across the M&A landscape
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.