Cybersecurity Support Systems Engineer / DHMSM Program ( R-00086765 )
Are you looking for your next “great mission” professionally? Do you feel like you have more to give, want to learn new skills and be part of a team with a rewarding mission supporting our active military? Leidos has the perfect job for you!
Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is currently seeking an experienced Cybersecurity Systems Engineer in support of the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program, a highly visible $4.3B single award IDIQ vehicle that provides support to the Defense Health Agency. The DHMSM program is the DoD’s leading program designed to deploy a modern electronic health record (EHR) system across the United States and around the globe. Leidos, with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMSM Program Executive Office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global deployment of our proposed EHR that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required. The DHMSM system will provide important health IT capabilities to 9.6 million active military, their families, and their beneficiaries.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The DHMSM Cybersecurity System Engineer III will support the review of EHR architecture and technical artifacts from a cybersecurity perspective, assist in the development and implementation of Cyber Information Assurance policies and procedures, help develop associated cybersecurity related documentation, and provide engineering and technical support to the DHMSM PMO and DHA to attain the required operating authorizations (Interim Authority to Test (IATT) and ATO. These activities are conducted IAW DoD instruction 8500.01 and 8510.01 and include mitigation of all security risks found during assessment and authorization and continuous monitoring activities after ATO is obtained.
The selected candidates will be expected to actively engage with a variety of government customers including the DHA cybersecurity staff (the designated AO, Information System Security Manager (ISSM) AND Security Control Assessor (SCA), and DoD CIO for DHMSM. Candidates must be able to work closely with the Program’s Cybersecurity Lead, DHMSM Program Manager, Chief Systems Engineer, and other task order leadership across all sites.
- Responsible for supporting the Cybersecurity team in complex to highly complex aspects of the Leidos Cybersecurity planning of the EHR system, and provide leadership to individual tasks as necessary
- Support the Cybersecurity Lead in the development and management of project management plan(s), providing management summaries which identify potential risks, and recommend plans to mitigate those risks
- As necessary, support the Cybersecurity Lead in meeting, presenting, and providing status to senior government personnel on the Program
- As necessary, support the Cybersecurity Lead in the development and implementation of a communication plan that provides regular updates to all staff on project implementation
- Assist the Cybersecurity Lead in ensuring the project meets identified milestones
- Support the development of cyber strategy and associated documentation
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for customer inquiries
- Support the establishment and maintenance of internal and external relationships for cyber related collaboration
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
- Completed BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience
- US Citizen with Active Secret Clearance or higher – required.
- Prior DoD contract experience required, with a minimum of 8 years supporting cyber activities
- Significant experience in a cyber-defense role, demonstrated hands on experience with networks, as well as DoD cyber defense tools, processes, policies, operations and governance.
- Scripting knowledge: PowerShell, Python, Shell Scripting
- Experience with NIST Risk Management Framework Documentation and Package Development
- Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) development, review, and strategy.
- Remediation and Mitigation review
- Risk Assessment Packages
- Software Development and Network Programs
- Experience with NIST Risk Management Framework Lifecycle (Steps 1 thru 6)
- Experience with DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) Program
- Proficiency in ACAS/NESSUS, SCAP, HBSS
- eMASS and Continuous Monitoring Risk Scoring System (CMRS) experience
- DoD 8570 Certification
- CompTIA Security+CE
- Self Starter and Attention to Detail
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security arena.
HOW YOU STILL STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD
- DoD Military Health experience
- Defense Health Agency experience
- Excel Scripting and VBA Development
- CISSP Certification
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.