C-sUAS Principal Systems Engineer ( R-00087099-OTHLOC-PL-2D1270 )
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Defense Group at Leidos currently is seeking a talented Principal Model Based Systems Engineer to join a multi-disciplinary team supporting the Counter – small Unmanned Air System (C-sUAS) mission on an exciting new program opportunity. Successful candidates will serve both as an individual contributor as well as a task lead for program tasks with frequent interaction with our USAF customer and stakeholders.
As a member of the systems engineering team, the candidate will interact with other engineering disciplines to define and manage system requirements and architecture at the system, sub-system and product level both as an individual contributor and as a task lead. The candidate will provide support to the C-sUAS mission using their experience with Model Based Systems Engineering to capture the SoS design in our SysML modeling environment. The candidate will work with the Lead Systems Engineer and Chief Engineer to develop the program’s Digital Engineering environment to integrate multi-discipline capabilities to streamline program execution.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Master's with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizenship and possess an active Secret Clearance
- Candidate must have experience with Cameo/MagicDraw, Rhapsody, and/or other system modeling tools
- Candidate must have experience deriving requirements for complex software, electrical, electro-mechanical, and mechanical systems.
- Candidate must have experience with requirements management, to include requirements traceability, requirements change process, and requirements verification.
- Knowledgeable in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and experience in applying it to the full engineering lifecycle
- Position requires candidates to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
- Qualified applicant will possess excellent managerial and leadership skills.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Object Management Group (OMG) Certified System Modeler Professional (OCSMP) certification
- INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
- SysML experience
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Operational experience in the USAF
- Working knowledge of semi-autonomous system operations
- Working knowledge of USAF C5ISR systems
- Previous experience managing complex System designs efforts / contracts
- Demonstrated ability to work across internal functions and with outside entities to facilitate successful product completion/delivery
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.