Senior Model Based Systems Engineer ( R-00087034-OTHLOC-PL-2D1270 )
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Defense Group at Leidos currently is seeking a talented Senior Model Based Systems Engineer to join a multi-disciplinary team supporting the Counter – small Unmanned Air System (C-sUAS) mission on an exciting new program opportunity.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
As a member of the systems engineering team, the candidate will interact with other engineering disciplines to define and manage system requirements and architecture at the system, sub-system and product level both as an individual contributor and as a task lead. The candidate will provide support to the C-sUAS mission using their experience with Model Based Systems Engineering to capture the SoS design in our SysML modeling environment. The candidate will work with the Lead Systems Engineer and Chief Engineer to develop the program’s Digital Engineering environment to integrate multi-discipline capabilities to streamline program execution.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Candidate must have experience with Cameo/MagicDraw, Rhapsody, and/or other system modeling tools.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and 6+ years of prior relevant experience or Master's with 4+ years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizenship and have an active Secret Clearance
- Candidate must have experience deriving requirements for complex software, electrical, electro-mechanical, and mechanical systems.
- Candidate must have experience with requirements management, to include requirements traceability, requirements change process, and requirements verification.
- Knowledgeable in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and experience in applying it to the full engineering lifecycle
- Position requires candidates to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Object Management Group (OMG) Certified System Modeler Professional (OCSMP) certification
- INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
- SysML experience
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Operational experience in the USAF
- Working knowledge of semi-autonomous system operations
- Working knowledge of USAF C5ISR systems
- Previous experience managing complex System designs efforts / contracts
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.