Voice Systems/Hardware Engineer - TS/SCI with Poly ( R-00087544 )
The National Solutions Group at Leidos has an opening for a Voice Systems/Hardware Engineer to support a client’s requirements in a challenging and dynamic setting located at Schriever SFB. The successful candidate will be required to execute, refine, and supervise the processes and procedures of Voice System Engineering operations in a purpose-built enterprise environment throughout the operational lifecycle of customer directed mission applications. The VS/HW Engineer will work in a highly collaborative environment with teammates, key stakeholders and the Government customer to ensure mission continuity and support to the IC community.
Qualified applicants must be able to perform efficiently under dynamic conditions and skillfully navigate continually evolving priorities, facilitating reliable and consistent mission application systems engineering in a complex computing environment. Applicants will exercise comprehensive technical Systems Engineering knowledge in order to meet or exceed prescribed Performance Requirements Standards (PRS). Through the application of deep technical and critical thinking skills, expert knowledge, and highly innovative approaches to resolving complex problems, the ideal candidate will be integral to ensuring the uninterrupted performance and stability of mission processors and their associated Voice Systems Engineering support.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide system level engineering support mission critical IT systems, related telecommunications trunk circuits, voicemail and telephone instrument units.
- Ensures the availability of mission critical launch communications systems through proactive Tier 2 hardware maintenance
- Updates or creates knowledge articles to allow Tier 1 to resolve without escalation to Tier 2
- Performs daily system checks for alerts or degradation of service or system
- Provide systems engineering support to enterprise voice over IP (VoIP) phone systems including Cisco VoIP phone units, voicemail and Call Manager System.
- Provide consistent execution of Voice availability and reliability through the direction of proactive engineering methodologies and request fulfillment activities
- Develop and implement technical solutions through deep analysis and understanding of impact to the end-product/solution
- Ensures the availability of mission critical launch communications systems through proactive voice systems IT systems engineering
- Performs incident and problem management to resolve or escalate issues in order to restore service
- Supports configuration management and change management activities
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- U.S. Citizen with an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Requires BS and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Current DoD 8570 certification applicable to the position (typically Security+)
- Must understand complex, classified, mission specific communications infrastructure and technology that specifically supports US strategic launch capabilities
- Requires Launch or mission operations experience
- Experience performing voice systems engineering on mission critical systems
- Understand mission critical desktop and communications hardware and software
- Experience supporting configuration management, change management and service transition
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and constructively as part of a team
- Must be willing to perform call-in support as required
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Strong Analytical skills
- SharePoint, ServiceNow
- ITIL Foundations certification
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.