Lead Systems Engineer ( R-00087200 )
Leidos is looking for a Lead Systems Engineer to join a high performing Agile team in implementing and deploying a modern HR management system (based on Workday) at Veterans Affairs. The selected candidate will provide system engineering expertise in one or more of the following areas: architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data flow, cloud deployment, testing, and documentation for the system. He/she will analyze user requirements, system architecture, and system requirements specifications, and will provide systems engineering expertise and develop system architecture and system design documentation. Responsibilities include supporting and providing guidance for system development and implementation planning through assessment of system engineering plans and system integration and test plans. He/she will support the development of system configuration documentation, including designs for capacity and performance planning and will perform engineering activities, including risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system related issues and concerns. He/she will help define task success criteria and test procedures.
This position requires the ability to obtain a National Agency Clearance and Inquiries (NACI) clearance.
Leads the Data Management, Analytics & Reporting, and Integration teams to accomplish the following tasks:
- Provide input for risk management and mitigation.
- Conduct enterprise architecture infrastructure engineering activities, including systems infrastructure engineering.
- Develop and implement the data migration strategy.
- Perform ongoing data management activities.
- Develop reports and dashboards.
- Develop and implement the integration strategy.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models working in coordination/collaboration with the technical team members.
- Coordinate with the Solution Architect and the Cloud Architect to configure and implement cloud resources (Azure or AWS) to support the Workday implementation.
- Participate in the VA’s authorization and approval process (ATO, ATC, MOU, & etc.) for solutions and services.
- 5+ years experience in systems engineering, working with highly scalable systems
- Strong knowledge of Agile development processes
- Demonstrable experience in data integration and workflow scripting
- Proficiency with data modeling, manipulation, and distribution between applications
- Strong proficiency in relevant coding languages (e.g. .NET, Java, Python, SQL)
- Experience with GOV Cloud Deployments
- Experience with Application Life Cycle Management
- Experience with data migration, ETL, data conversion and data clean up
- Familiarity with continuous integration/continuous development tools (Jenkins, Ansible)
- Experience with tools such as Jira, and Confluence
- Experience with Report Development such as Operations, KPIs and SLAs
- Familiar with DODAF Framework
- Ability to communicate complex technical information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders verbally and in writing
- Adaptability and a willingness to learn new skills, technologies, and frameworks
- A bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, or other relevant field
- 10 years total experience including five years senior level experience in Systems Engineering
Substitutions to Education
- 8 years’ relevant experience + Master’s degree may be substituted for education
- 15 years’ relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Certifications: CSM, Workday certifications
- Prior experience providing technical leadership for Workday implementations
- Prior experience leading system engineering efforts at Veterans Affairs
5-10% of the timePay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.