Model Based Systems Engineer (MBSE) ( R-00087520 )
Are you looking to make a difference? Leidos in San Diego, CA is looking for a Model Based Systems Engineer to join our team supporting key management initiatives within our Intelligence Organization.
Leidos ranks as a top industry leader for its high performance and high reliability ensuring priority of our nation’s safety. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter.
We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe. With a 9/80 schedule, and every other Friday off, our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. This is your chance to join a dynamic team working across multiple disciplines with opportunities to further expand your knowledge and grow your career.
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come join our mission!
We are seeking an experienced professional who is passionate about MBSE to join our team. You will get to work with other MBSE professionals and our systems engineering team to build out models for some of our key projects.
Position responsibilities will include:
- Modeling architectures of Key Management systems
- Recommending modeling approaches for requirements, operational architecture, functional architecture, and physical architecture
- Performing modeling using Cameo
- Verifying the correctness of models
- Interacting with the Government customer
- Assist in the development of proposals for new business that will implement MBSE.
- Option to work a 9/80 work schedule (i.e., 9 hour days, then work 8 hours on first Friday and off the second Friday)
- Relocation assistance available to move to San Diego, CA.
Bachelor's Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related field and at least 4-8 years of related experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Solid understanding of UML and SysML
- Understands the model database
- Demonstrate ability to analyze problems through MBSE model Education
- Demonstrated ability to work seamlessly with Program/Project management customers, reporting on progress, schedule, and risk
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include giving presentations to customers, stakeholders and the team
- Must possess an active Secret clearance to be considered and would be eligible to obtain up to a TS/SCI clearance in the future.
- Software development or shell scripting experience.
- Familiarity with Modeling Simulation Visualization and Analysis (MSVA)
- Familiarity with MBSE tools (prefer Cameo/NoMagic) and related tools.
- Experience with database management software.
- Familiarity with systems performance analysis.
- Experience working in all phases of the engineering product development lifecycle.
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodology.
- Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
DoD 8570 approved security certification (i.e., Security +) (Will be required 90 days after hire).Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.