Systems Engineer ( R-00087599 )
Leidos is hiring a Systems Engineer with an active Top Secret clearance and SCI eligibility to provide technical systems engineering in support of an on-premise government system, to include testing, system setup, installation, configuration, support and maintenance at Patrick AFB, Florida.
Our new colleague will also be responsible for planning and integration of new features and capabilities, which involve trade study analysis of COTS products and methodologies to meet the customer’s requirements. This individual will work with a multi-disciplinary team of contractor and customer engineers and data analysts to ensure system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to policies and procedures across multiple skill areas, enabling mission success.
- Identify, engineer, and execute new functionality and capability changes, process improvements, and other enhancements to improve operational efficiency.
- Schedule, plan, and oversee system upgrades to include replacements for the equipment nearing the end of life cycle.
- Assist to provide functional interaction with end-users and coordinate with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
- Perform fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on real-time basis.
- Develop scripts to assist in the maintenance of both servers and VMs, to include automation of processes.
- Assist in planning for upgrades and support asset acquisition, installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Provide data archive and backup processes within Red Hat Linux and Centos networks.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted users.
- Setting up and integrating identity and access management accounts, maintaining system documentation, installing system wide software, and implementation of disaster recovery plans.
- Develop a configuration management plan
- BA/BS and 4+ years’ relevant experience or MA/MS and 2+ years of experience.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance and SCI eligibility
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification – CompTIA Security+ or higher
- 4 years of experience in an operations role.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols.
- Familiar with Linux Red Hat and Centos environment to include creating baseline images of both Red Hat Linux bare metal and virtual machines.
- Familiar with virtualization and VMware including vCenter, VDIs and vSANs configuration
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans.
- 2 years of patching servers, backups, permission management.
- 2 years of providing Tier II & III Linux support.
- Familiar with a programming language, Docker containers, JIRA and Confluence.
- Familiar with Cross Domain Solutions.
- Knowledge of effectively developing IT operations best practices, including disaster recovery protocols.
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux or other network related fields.
- Familiar with Kerberos computer-network authentication protocol.
- Familiar with Apache NiFi or data streaming applications.
- Familiar with Ansible (Ansible Playbooks development and Ansible Tower deployment).
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.