Cloud Systems Engineer ( R-00090015 )
We are looking for an AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer, who can also function as a Linux Systems Administrator, to join our team in Chantilly, VA. The team is made up of highly technical and motivated individuals. The engineer for this role will design and implement solutions to complex problems. As such, this individual must be an independent thinker and excellent problem solver. The successful candidate must be self-motivated and work well individually and in small to medium sized teams. The candidate must be capable of performing duties without appreciable direction or supervision.
The program is made up of CONUS and OCONUS teams who regularly interact across varying time zones. As a result, the candidate must have excellent communication skills and be flexible with regards to team work and tasking. A demonstrated ability to perform in cross-functional teams in order to achieve results in a timely manner is desired.
This is a technical position to support a wide variety of mission activities performed both locally and OCONUS. Candidates should have a background in computers, operating systems, and cloud technologies to include Linux and AWS.
Responsibilities include provisioning, configuring and maintaining AWS cloud infrastructure, as well as local on premise servers. Deployment, automation, management, and maintenance of AWS cloud-based production system. Ensuring availability, performance, security, and scalability of AWS production systems. Management of creation, release, and configuration of production systems. Performing vulnerability scanning and ensuring compliance with configuration management tools. Administering and troubleshooting Linux based systems. Troubleshooting problems across a wide array of services and functional areas. Creating and maintaining supporting documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 12 years of experience. Additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information security clearance with a polygraph examination
- Be able to obtain a US passport to travel OCONUS 1 to 2 times per year
- Experience with Ubuntu Linux administration, KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine), Salt Stack, Kerberos, LDAP.
- Integration and test experience
- Ability to think and act strategically; capable of working independently or collaboratively as part of a small team.
- Experience setting-up, securing, and automating AWS cloud environments.
Qualifications/Certifications (one or more preferred):
- CompTIA Linux+ or Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.