Systems Engineer ( R-00089485 )
Leidos is seeking a Systems Engineer to provide support to C5ISR Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Security Operations Center (SOC). You are expected to assist the Senior Systems Engineers in planning, implementing, and troubleshooting CSSP on and off premise infrastructure. This position is located at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD and requires a Top Secret clearance with ability upgrade to SCI.
- Assist in design, engineering, development and implementation of primarily Linux based security solutions.
- Work within an engineering team supporting a complex technical operations environment.
- Design, engineer, develop, monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, and network issues and coordinate directly with subscribers and vendors throughout that support lifecycle.
- Design, build, monitor, and maintain full technical environment supporting CSSP mission, ensuring high system availability
- Provide full lifecycle technical support, including receipt of specifications, design, test, and response to service requests.
- Debug and test complex infrastructure and system inter-operability
- Provide root cause and related solutions for system failures or degradations, often in high stress, high visibility, high priority scenarios
- Provide accreditation support, sustainment of system STIG and vulnerability management
- Support projects and provide or maintain documentation as required
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years experience, or Master with less then 2 years. or Associates degree with 7 years experience
- Must be able to obtain an interim Top Secret clearance with ability to upgrade to TS/SCI
- Relevant experience must include 1+ years in the following:
- Systems administration and network operations
- Supporting a classified network, configuring/maintaining routers/switches/firewalls
- Cybersecurity and privacy principles used to manage risks related to the use, processing, storage, and transmission of information or data
- Working knowledge of defense-in-depth principles, network/HW/SW security architecture, network topology, IT device integrity, and common security elements, ITIL framework and best practices
- Developing and maintaining technical documents, analyses, and reports
- DoD 8570 Compliant IAT Level II Security+ and CSSP Infrastructure Support Certifications
- Experience with DoD and classified networks
- Experience designing and managing high-availability services
- Experience with LINUX and cloud technologies
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-pasted environment and to work independently
DCSBPay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.