Principal Systems Engineer ( 605621-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Corporate Systems Group (CSG) is responsible for strategy and implementation of systems solutions that support ERP (Enterprise Resource Platform) activity for Verizon Finance, Accounting, Accounts Payable, Supply Chain, HR and Payroll. The Principle Engineer-Systems Engineering position is the interface between different stakeholder groups and is comprehensively responsible for the design and delivery of large-scale, complex ERP programs with a significant impact on Verizon. Your role will specifically focus on the Finance processes in the areas of SAP Fixed Assets, Project Systems, and Investment Management with complex integration to key Verizon Network systems.
We are looking for an SAP S4 expert with capabilities in a majority of the following areas: Acquire to Retire; Procurement, Fixed Assets, Project Systems, Investment Management, and Inventory Management. Applicant needs a deep understanding of the support required for the finance landscape including integration with Network Engineering and Ariba systems.
- Help define business requirements, lead the design and implementation process, test application capabilities, and train other team members and business users.
- Proactively work with the end-user community to improve business processes and procedures.
- Define and re-engineer business systems or information technology processes by using appropriate methods and tools and partnering with process owners to understand requirements.
- Work closely with the Platform Services team to assure a timely solution according to the specifications and implementation of business needs.
- Lead within a shared team to execute, status, and resolve Functional Unit (FUT), Integrated (ITC), and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) issues.
- Use a flexible and collaborative work approach to solve complex problems and to develop customer specific solutions - taking into account multiple internal and external stakeholder groups and different level of stakeholder groups (e.g. Top-Management) with various/changing stakeholder demands/requirements and intersections (e.g. IT, Finance, AP, SC, Top-management level etc.).
- Work with and lead small project teams, and work with a sense of urgency.
- Adhere to Verizon policies and procedures.
Where you’ll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing a team.
- Experience with large system program implementations with SAP S4.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- BA/BS degree with concentration in Computer Science, Business, Engineering, Information Technology or Information Systems.
- Experience in Finance and Supply Chain and/or Engineering business process areas with a focus on fixed assets, project systems, investment management, and inventory management.
- Ability to perform in a high volume, fast paced changing environmenrt.
- Time-management skills.
- Sixor more years of directly related experience with a strong design background in SAP.
- Ability to manage teams independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication and organizational skills and the ability to deliver across levels.
- Demonstrated highly developed team leadership skills.
- Ability to manage internal / external resources to achieve project objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and remain focused through change or uncertainty.
- Experience in executive communication including presentation preparation and delivery.
- Agile delivery expertise in an ERP landscape.
- Experiencing managing across multiple time zones.
- Telecommunications experience.
- SAP Financials technical and functional architecture and data modeling skills along with new and emerging SAP capabilities.
- Formal training and/or certifications in the SAP product family.
- Organizational skills to coordinate and manage multiple cross divisional work process and projects
- Ability to develop, manage, and mentor junior staff
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.