Satellite Ground Systems Engineer
Responsible for providing subject matter expertise in the development, design, data/communications connection, and operation of space ground systems. Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Construct and review engineering documents and provide SME support for source selections
- Provide technical advice/input to customer’s System Program Director that lays the strategic foundation for critical, National capability and customer’s future initiatives
- Resolve highly complex and multi-dimensional problems requiring consideration of variables that impact multiple aspects of the project/program.
- Lead development of highly innovative products/solutions, achieved through collaboration and dialogue with other experts in the field.
- Minimum of 5 years of satellite ground system engineering experience
- Requires a BS in engineering or equivalent experience and 12 years of prior relevant experience
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience with DoD Special Access Program or IC equivalent activities
- Desired candidate possesses Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 8 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have an active Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
- Willingness to submit to and successfully complete a Counterintelligence polygraph
- Must have the ability to work in a very dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to communicate with executive leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.