Principal RF Systems Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This position will be responsible for nationwide RF System support. The lead will support regional and headquarter teams with In-Building Systems, Macro, Small Cell, and Radio technology.
- Working cross functionally with multiple internal groups, Turnkey Service Providers, and Hardware vendors.
- Providing technical support for the company with regard to radio and in-building system solutions during planning, staging, first office application, commercial deployment.
- Managing internal groups and vendors in which they will test and refine new hardware/software before approval for installation in the production environment.
- Creating and maintaining functional and technical requirements, analyse hardware/software features and enhancements.
- Identifying, collecting, and evaluating data relating to outages or system problems that impact user performance and efficiency.
- Providing administrative management of the monitored products. This management requires you to negotiate Service Level Agreements, Statements of Work and General Purchasing Agreements.
- Developing resolutions to problems that require the frequent use of creativity.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25%.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of 4G and 5G RAN technologies.
- Knowledge of RF systems, In-Building technologies and DAS systems.
- Experience in operation, maintenance and engineering of the eNodeB/gNodeB, radio and RF systems.
- Experience in troubleshooting issues with use of different tools (RTT, Irisview, 5GPT, SpiderNET, NCWS, Truecall etc.).
- Knowledge of LTE/5G signaling and user plane flow.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.