Systems Performance Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Our success depends on the quality of our network. We expect great things for our system, and you’ll be using drive data and trouble ticket reports to spot problem areas and recommend fixes. And when system problems occur, or a customer reports an issue, you’ll investigate and find a resolution. Help us deliver on our promise to customers - the ability to make and maintain clear, uninterrupted connections.
We don’t wait for the future. We build it. We are calling for data-driven candidates with data analytical and visualization backgrounds to join our System Performance team. You will investigate, evaluate and resolve network and data performance issues to ensure efficient and reliable service for our customers. The work you’ll be doing will directly impact customer satisfaction and help keep us ahead of the competition. You will be using large amounts of data to develop network insights and strategies to improve performance.
- Analysing our network’s capacity and coverage, and looking for ways to make improvements.
- Implementing various system performance improvement plans.
- Recommending and evaluating the impact of new cells.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting system problems.
- Coordinating intersystem optimization.
- Performing data analytics and applying data science techniques to improve our 5G and 4G network’s capacity, coverage and overall service.
- Evaluating service performance trends and isolating root causes of impacted services.
- Automating data collection, reports, visualization and system updates.
- Creating dashboards and geo locating data to present information dynamically.
- Simplifying data for team members and management.
- Managing our network data to generate network insights.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in data analytics, ETL pipelining and data visualization.
- Experience in SQL, Python, or R experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 50% of the time.
- Valid Driver's license.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in the cellular industry (ideally, with network experience).
- Knowledge of Data Science.
- Experience in Tableau.
- Willingness to work shifts.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.