Systems Performance Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Customers expect our networks to perform at a high level all the time. That’s where you come in. You will investigate, evaluate and resolve network voice and data performance issues to ensure efficient and reliable service for our customers. The work you’ll be doing will directly impact customer satisfaction and help keep us ahead of the competition.
- Evaluating service performance trends and isolating root causes of impacted services.
- Performing VoLTE testing and analyses of relevant key performance indicators.
- Coordinating technical investigations and testing with appropriate regional, area and HQ functions.
- Providing technical analysis, troubleshooting, and training assistance to markets and regions as requested.
- Optimizing LTE and RAN networks using traditional and innovative means.
- Investigating and resolving customer complaints regarding service.
- Integrating new cell sites, small cells, and DAS systems into existing macro network.
- Performing intermodulation, interference detection and mitigation techniques.
- Using Antenna propagation, design and selection.
- Performing 4G, 5G, LTE, VoLTE, mmWave, C-band and DSS technologies.
Where you’ll be working...
This is a work-from-home role performed almost exclusively from your home office with occasional in-person meetings and training.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of LTE including VoLTE and RAN networks.
- Knowledge of IP and transport protocols.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 50% of the time.
- Valid Driver's license.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Knowledge of at least one data collection tool such as Datapro, DMAT, and TEMS Symphony.
- Knowledge of data analysis/post-processing tools such as Irisview, Windcatcher/Actix/TEMS Discovery.
- Knowledge of propagation and optimization modeling tools such as Planet, GeoPlan, ACP, DB Planner.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C++, Python, Unix, scripting tools.
- Knowledge of mapping software such as MapInfo, Google Earth, ArcGIS, Topo.
- Knowledge of Ericsson systems including OSS and 3GPP LTE standards.
- Experience in IMS and systems engineering aspects related to RAN and proficiency in Core level call flow analysis.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.