Lead Systems Engineer
Amentum is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer in Dahlgren, VA to manage systems engineering activities including requirements analyses, functional analyses, design solutions formulation, systems analysis and control, and generation and maintenance of systems architecture products in support of our V Department Customers.
Applies system engineering principles and procedures to translate quantified needs/requirements into system performance parameters and the identification of system/item configuration.
Formulates and issues systems engineering documents, processes, procedures and milestones.
Requires a thorough knowledge of the Systems Engineering Management Process and Implementation, as applied to the Department of Navy/DOD Acquisition process throughout all life cycle phases; knowledge of DOD policies on Systems Engineering, Integrated Product and Process Development (IPPD) and IPT Management; and ability to coordinate and negotiate design and engineering activities with other related programs and organizations.
Provides expert and authoritative advice affecting critical programs and technologies.
Serves as subject matter expert for all technical aspects of assigned program.
Performs top level design, development, integration, testing, installation, and troubleshooting.
Translates military operational and mission requirements into practical system concepts and performance specifications.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- Experienced with general combat systems (10 years)
- Conducting and coordinating individual projects (8 years)
- Coordinating development activities associated with combat system computer programs (10 years)
- Designing, developing and maintaining complex, real time combat system computer programs (10 years)
- Establishing and maintaining system development schedules and monitoring the technical progress toward these schedules (8 years)
- Job estimation activities (8 years)