Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Systems Engineer
Amentum is seeking a dedicated Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Systems Engineer supporting US Army Pacific (USARPAC) at Fort Shafter, Hawaii.
Your focused and resourceful nature keeps our systems running. You thrive in handling the development, integration, operations, and maintenance of our enterprise virtual desktop infrastructure environment, focused on the Army’s Unified Capabilities Architecture. You’re the one our team can depend on to make sure everything is running smoothly. You will also enjoy working independently while also ultimately being part of a larger team.
- Provide engineering for virtual and physical enterprise servers, and operating, maintaining, and sustaining an enterprise virtual desktop infrastructure environment.
- Provide Tier 2/3 Operations and Maintenance (O&M) and engineering support for monitoring and management of day-to-day operations of the VDI environment, including management of license files, routing tables, and firewall configurations and monitoring of system operability through various logs, including log, admin, and cluster to ensure proper functionality is maintained within the enterprise.
- Provide guidance and network administration on configurations and perform diagnostics on the building out and maintain the VDI infrastructure
- Coordinate Capability Request (CAPR) work orders to the 30th Network Enterprise Center (NEC) for all IP Management. Provisioning of IP Address space Sub netting, when required.
- Implement new systems hardware and software and develops operating procedures, monitors the ongoing operation of a complex VDI environment.
Here at Amentum, our people are supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country and bring innovation and experience to our mission partners. We believe in fostering a sense of belonging. We welcome diversity, encourage growth and development, promote safety first, and believe curiosity is the spark for innovation. We take care of our employees who in turn take care of our customers, driving the success of our business.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent work experience)
- At least 7 years of recent experience working within the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Environment, supporting integration and Operations and Maintenance (O&M)
- Current Security+ certification (or be willing to obtain within 3 months of hire)
- Knowledgeable and capable of performing all work necessary to plan, design, develop, document, test, implement, integrate, maintain, and/or coordinate modification of the Virtual Desktop environment in conjunction with the Army approved Enterprise Architecture, at the USARPAC C2F and other USARPAC Staff locations
- Experience managing IT projects
- Due to the nature of the work, must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have an active Secret security clearance
- Current Network+ certification
- Current Security+ certification
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility