Systems Performance Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Customers expect our networks to perform at a high level all the time. That’s where you come in. You will investigate, evaluate and resolve network and data performance issues to ensure efficient and reliable service for our customers. The work you’ll be doing will directly impact customer satisfaction and help keep us ahead of the competition.
- Analyzing our network’s capacity and coverage, and looking for ways to make improvements.
- Implementing various system performance improvement plans.
- Recommending and evaluating the impact of new cells.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting system problems.
- Coordinating intersystem optimization.
- Monitoring, trending and improving of VoLTE, LTE, 5G, and CDMA network statistics to find and resolve network issues including both RAN and core problems.
- Working special event locations and projects managing the System Performance monitoring and command center logistics from beginning to end.
- Designing testing methodologies and test plans for performance testing of new features or products.
- Developing automation algorithms and/or methodologies to increase network efficiency.
- Providing support to RF design and Network Engineering for network expansion & data capacity growth.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You have a good customer service orientation. You like to take ownership of an issue and resolve it successfully. You are able to understand and evaluate a problem and present solutions. You work well independently as well as effectively with diverse business teams and vendors to implement solutions.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Knowledge of LTE including VoLTE and RAN networks.
- Knowledge of IP and transport protocols.
- Knowledge of at least one data collection tool such as Datapro, and TEMS Symphony.
- Knowledge of data analysis/post-processing tools such as Irisview, Windcatcher/Actix/TEMS Discovery.
- Knowledge of propagation and optimization modeling tools such as Planet, GeoPlan, ACP, and DB Planner.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C++, Python, UNIX, scripting tools.
- Knowledge of mapping software such as MapInfo, ArcGIS, Topo.
- Knowledge of Ericsson systems including OSS and 3GPP LTE standards.
- Ability to differentiate and diagnose RAN and CORE related problems.
- Knowledge of IMS and systems engineering aspects related to RAN and proficiency in Core level call flow analysis.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.