Senior Process Improvement and Systems Engineer - Telecommute
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealthcare’s Industrial Engineering specializes in improving the performance of the health system by providing analytics, technology, and consulting services that enable better decisions and performance. Your career will be greater at UnitedHealthcare through advancement, access to data, ability to impact the healthcare industry, and rewards for delivering on our mission; Helping People Live Healthier Lives.
The Sr Process Improvement and Systems Engineer understands the principles of statistical quality control, innovative ways to understand business intelligence, basic project management skills, and leading organizational change. You will bring your working knowledge of time studies, processing mapping, statistical modeling, and inferential statistics. You will get to help grow and develop our process engineering team into industry leaders in the healthcare field.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for assigned operations, and is responsible for managing work standards, identifying cost savings, and other special engineering projects to drive cost efficiency and operational improvements
- Act as a liaison with other segments of the United Operations Support Center to improve operational coordination and standardization
- End-to-end business process activities reviewing, creating, controlling, and improving business processes
- Develop innovative solutions using industrial engineering fundamentals, advanced statistical models, development of new technologies, and common sense
- Assist leadership team in establishing project strategies, developing project plans, and cost/benefit analysis to ensuring project success
- Provide analysis for identifying business requirements, specifications, design requirements, and testing efforts for process improvement, technical, and analytical projects
- Consult organizational leaders on standard time measures; manage work study and work analysis, analysis of work samples, and developing methods of measuring work performance
- Apply statistical modeling and perform mathematical methods to determine account level operational process performance and staffing requirements
- Improve workflows by studying process flowcharts, recommending modifications in workflow and work procedures
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, deployment of technology, and tool development
- Understand the principles of statistical quality control, innovative ways to understand business intelligence, basic project management skills, and lead organizational change
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; degree preferred in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering or Engineering/Mathematics
- 2+ years of experience in applying industrial engineering fundamentals including time and motion studies (stopwatch or fixed motion)
- 1+ years of experience with documenting processes, process mapping, creating and deploying process documentation standards, and process documentation governance procedures
- 1+ years of experience applying statistical methods
- Intermediate or higher level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- Experience in Agile
- Experience with capacity planning
- Experience managing multiple, simultaneous projects
- Experience with data mining methods, statistical modeling, and optimization techniques
- Experience applying industrial engineering fundamentals in a service industry
- Experience as a change agent with demonstrated transformations in the process engineering domain
- Excellent communication, time/project management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.