Senior Systems Performance Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Our success depends on the quality of our network. We expect great things for our system, and you’ll be using drive data and trouble ticket reports to spot problem areas and recommend fixes. And when system problems occur, or a customer reports an issue, you’ll investigate and find a resolution. Help us deliver on our promise to customers—the ability to make and maintain clear, uninterrupted connections.
- Analyzing our network’s capacity and coverage, and looking for ways to make improvements.
- Implementing various system performance improvement plans.
- Recommending and evaluating the impact of new cells.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting system problems.
- Coordinating intersystem optimization.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
Never satisfied with the status quo, you thrive on continuous improvement. You have a strong domain experience in performance management tools, call processing, frequency planning, and all aspects of cellular networks. You enjoy the process of solving complex issues while empowering the team around you to do the same.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to work some nights.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in electrical engineering.
- Experience in the cellular industry. Ideally, with network experience.
- Experience with RF propagation tools and radio test equipment, like Ascm, DataPro, Spectrum Analyzers, Actix, Windcatcher, or RF Scanners.
- Understanding of intermodulation, distortion, interference detection, and mitigation techniques.
- Understanding of antenna characteristics or antenna system design and selection.
- Understanding of frequency planning constraints and requirements such as C/I, co and adjacent channel criteria.
- Understanding of LTE, VoLTE, Evdo, or CDMA.
You’ll also need:
- A willingness to travel.
Also better if you have one or more of the following:
- Expertise in LTE including VoLTE and RAN networks.
- Expertise in at least one data collection tool such as Datapro.
- Expertise in propagation and optimization modeling tools (e.g., Geoplan, Atoll).
- Knowledge of IP and transport protocols.
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Python, Unix, scripting tools).
- Knowledge of analytical software (e.g., MapInfo, Tableau).
- Knowledge of Samsung systems including OAM and 3GPP LTE standards.
- Ability to differentiate and diagnose RAN and CORE related problems.
- Understanding of IMS and systems engineering aspects related to RAN and proficiency in Core level call flow analysis.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a New York work location, the compensation range for this position is between $82,000 and $182,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.