Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support and more! If this sounds like the kind of place where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Systems Engineer in the Ft. Meade area, Maryland.
Leidos is a preferred subcontractor on a newly awarded, large, multi-year contract that develops, integrates deploys, and sustains large collection systems. The work is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. We provide exceptional service to our customer in an area in which we have deep incumbent knowledge.
Significant requirements include Mission Management, Operations, and Sustainment activities. The team will provide 24x7x365 support to multiple Operations Teams and will feature 1st/2nd/3rd Party Partner Engagement.
The Systems Engineer will support deployed customer processing systems, focusing on system operations, troubleshooting, and maintenance. The candidate will also support system integration, upgrade, and deployment activities. The majority of the time will be spent on telecommunications signal and software engineering activities. This includes signal processing workflow management, signal data analysis, infrastructure design, maintenance, and integration work such as the configuration of virtualized environments, encryption, unique product installations and configurations. The Systems Engineer will work with an must have experience in the following:
- Signal Analysis
- Modern Telecom Systems and Networks
- Telephony Switching Systems
- Communications Systems
- Cellular/Personal Communications Systems
- TDM/PCM Multiplexing/Modulation/Switching Systems
- Packet Switching System
- Systems Engineering
- Operating Systems
Security Clearance Requirement:
Must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Seven (7) years’ experience as a Systems Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Five (5) years of SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with SIGINT system integration.
- Knowledge of modern telecommunications networks, protocols, and technologies.
- Experience using LINUX-based data processing applications, and an understanding of the LINUX environment (limited scripting, command line arguments, etc.).
- Experience with COTS and GOTS processing tools.
- Some System Administration background.
- An understanding of SDH communications, and IP networking.
- Familiarity with using Confluence and Jira project management platform.
- Familiarity with and/or the ability to perform ISSO-related duties and familiarity with Risk Management Framework in support of SSP's and DTA requirements for team.
Experience with the following:
- XKEYSCORE and LOPERS
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.