Systems Performance Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Our success depends on the quality of our network. We expect great things for our system, and you’ll be using drive data and trouble ticket reports to spot problem areas and recommend fixes. And when system problems
occur, or a customer reports an issue, you’ll investigate and find a resolution. Help us deliver on our promise to customers - the ability to make and maintain clear, uninterrupted connections. We don’t wait for the future. We build it. We are calling for data-driven candidates with strong data analytical and
visualization backgrounds to join our System Performance team. You will investigate, evaluate and resolve network and data performance issues to ensure efficient and reliable service for our customers. The work you’ll be doing will directly impact customer satisfaction and help keep us ahead of the competition. You will be using large amounts of data to develop network insights and strategies to improve performance
- Analyzing our network’s 4G & 5G capacity and coverage, and looking for ways to make improvements.
- Implementing various system performance improvement plans.
- Recommending and evaluating the impact of new cells.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting system problems.
- Coordinating intersystem optimization.
- Performing data analytics and applying data science techniques to improve our 5G and 4G network’s capacity, coverage and overall service.
- Evaluating service performance trends and isolating root causes of impacted services.
- Automating data collection, reports, visualization and system updates.
- Creating dashboards and geolocating data to present information dynamically.
- Simplifying data for team members and management.
- Managing our network data to generate network insights.
What we’re looking for...
Never satisfied with the status quo, you thrive on continuous improvement. You have a strong domain experience in performance management tools, call processing, frequency planning, and all aspects of cellular networks. You enjoy the process of solving complex issues while empowering the team around you to do the same.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to work some nights based on the needs of the business.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in data analytics, ETL pipelining and data visualization.·
- Data Science knowledge.
- SQL, Python, or R experience.
- Tableau experience.
- Experience in the cellular industry (ideally, with network experience).
- Experience with RF propagation tools and radio test equipment, like Ascom, DataPro, Spectrum Analyzers, Actix, Windcatcher, or RF Scanners.
- Understanding of intermodulation, distortion, interference detection, and mitigation techniques.
- Understanding of antenna characteristics or antenna system design and selection.
- Understanding of frequency planning constraints and requirements such as C/I, co and adjacent channel criteria.
- Understanding of 5G LTE, VoLTE, mmWave, Cband, DSS.
- Experience applying Machine and Deep Learning models.
- Business Intelligence understanding.
- Experience with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and automation via scripting.
- Mapping data using Google Earth, Tableau, ArcGIS or Mapinfo.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.