When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Customers expect our networks to perform at a high level all the time. That’s where you come in. You will investigate, evaluate and resolve network and data performance issues to ensure efficient and reliable service for our customers. The work you’ll be doing will directly impact customer satisfaction and help keep us ahead of the competition.
- Evaluating service performance trends and isolating root causes of impacted services.
- Performing VoLTE testing and analyses of relevant key performance indicators.
- Coordinating technical investigations and testing with appropriate regional, area and HQ functions.
- Providing technical analysis, troubleshooting, and training assistance to markets and regions as requested.
- Optimizing LTE and RAN networks using traditional and innovative means.
- Investigating and resolving customer complaints regarding service.
- Integrating new cell sites, small cells, and DAS systems into existing macro network.
Where you’ll be working…
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You have a strong customer service orientation. You like to take ownership of an issue and resolve it successfully. You are able to understand and evaluate a complex problem and present solutions. You work well independently as well as effectively with diverse business teams and vendors to implement solutions.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of LTE including VoLTE, 5GNR, and RAN networks.
- Knowledge of IP and transport protocols.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- Valid driver’s license.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Knowledge of at least one data collection tool such as Datapro, and TEMS Symphony.
- Knowledge of data analysis/post-processing tools such as Irisview, Windcatcher/Actix/TEMS Discovery.
- Knowledge of propagation and optimization modeling tools such as Planet, GeoPlan, ACP, DB Planner.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C++, Python, Unix, scripting tools.
- Knowledge of mapping software such as MapInfo, ArcGIS, Topo.
- Knowledge of Ericsson systems including OSS and 3GPP LTE standards.
- Ability to differentiate and diagnose RAN and CORE related problems.
- Knowledge of IMS and systems engineering aspects related to RAN and proficiency in Core level call flow analysis.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Connecticut work location, the compensation range for this position is between $76,000 and $141,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.