Entry Level Systems Performance Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As an entry-level engineer, you’ll be responsible for troubleshooting complex issues and are ensuring an exceptional customer experience. Our team prides itself on keeping customers all over the world connected while making an impact on how our next-generation technology supplies the world. You’ll also have opportunities for career growth as you learn and apply new skills with various technologies to support the organization's objectives.
- Developing your professional skills and technical knowledge through on the job experience and training.
- Partnering with senior engineers to provide timely and accurate technical assistance to our internal and external customers.
- Applying acquired technical knowledge to monitor and troubleshoot issues, ensuring the health of the network.
- Providing on-call support to eliminate unexpected service impacts to our customers based on the needs of the business. (Our customers may include customer service centres, technical support organizations, and executive management teams during network events and major outages).
- Evaluating service performance trends and isolating root causes of impacted services.
- Optimizing LTE and RAN networks using traditional and innovative means.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
This role may be considered as part of the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter and quick learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You meet all new challenges with a commitment to quality and team collaboration. You are flexible, dependable, and work well in varying environments.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Willingness to work rotating schedule (shifts) including nights, weekends, and holidays based on the needs of the business.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including recognizing impact, urgency, and identifying root issues.
- Ability to understand established guidelines, policies and procedures and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to communicate effectively across varied people and perspectives and be able to translate technology into a readable language.
- Experience in troubleshooting and / or telecommunications.
- Knowledge of analytical software such as MapInfo, Tableau is a plus.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, Unix, scripting tools is a plus.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a New York work location, the compensation range for this position is between $56,000 and $104,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.