Principle Systems Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Network Systems Organization is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer with a product development mindset to join the Shared Platform team. As part of the Shared Platform team you will be the Product owner of the platform, called Canvas. You will be responsible for managing a technical team consisting of engineering and architecture functions. In this role, you will primarily focus on planning and designing new features, enhancements and maintenance for the Canvas platform part of the Shared Services team in Network Systems. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analysis, model development, and validation.
- Architecting and developing effective and efficient solutions and building reusable components that the whole NS group can utilize to solve the business problems.
- Analyzing, developing algorithms, and deploying solutions based on real-world data.
- Working with product managers to formulate the data analytics problem.
- Gathering business requirements and identify use-cases where Cognitive Bots can improve the efficiency of the system.
- Performing process mining by applying data science to discover, validate and improve work flows.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in developing and optimizing server architectures.
- Experience in developing scalable, high availability systems with disaster recovery.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of data analytics and big data platforms.
- Experience in using DevOps toolset.
- Experience in building Robotics process Automation using UiPath.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of Security best practices, OWASP vulnerabilities.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Ability to analyze a process and provide improvement recommendations.
- AWS Solution Architect certification.
- Experience in Cloud Native Architecture including knowledge in K8s and EKS
- Experience in Angular, React, and JQuery/JS.
- Experience in Java/Spring boot and Services based development.
- Knowledge of Oracle and PostgreSQL Queries.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.