Senior Electromagnetic Warfare (EW)/ Radio Frequency (RF) Systems Engineer
Amentum is currently seeking qualified candidates to serve as a Senior EW/RF Systems Engineer to perform AN/SLQ-32(V)7 system level audits and various tasks as directed by the Maritime Electromagnetic Warfare (MEW) Team Lead. The development of system level test and demonstration plans, will be conducted on site in Crane, IN, as well as Pensacola, FL.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior EW/RF Engineer will be responsible for providing support to the MEW team for requirements definitions, integration, test, and training of EW systems. Standard duties would include development of system level test and demonstration plans, conducting test in a lab or field environment, designing tests within a designated EW/RF application space, and coordinating/writing of test and safety packages, test reports, and test cards. This is not a remote position. Work is located in Crane Indiana.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· At least five years of relevant experience in electronic warfare systems engineering or other related domains.
· A track record of successfully solving complex challenges.
· An ability to establish relationships and effectively interact in diverse teams, with management and external sponsors, and across organizational boundaries.
· An open and curious mindset.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· A four-year degree from an accredited university in Engineering, Physics, or related STEM field.
· Strong organizational and analytical skills as well as practical problem-solving and decision making-skills.
· Ability to work well under pressure and be able to manage multiple projects and issues simultaneously.
· Familiarity with Linux (RedHat)
· Experience with RF Systems and Concepts.
· Ability to document/support technical analysis and assessments with strong attention to detail.
· Travel required up to 25%.
· Security Vetting: This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level Clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Must be able to pass a drug test and a criminal history check.
· Understanding of antenna design/analysis, radar signal processing, and radar requirements analysis.
· A master’s degree in engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or Electrical Engineering preferred.
· At least fifteen years of professional work experience in electronic warfare.
· Experience working with DoD science and technology (S&T) communities to transition technologies, including Electronic Attack/Electronic Surveillance (EA/ES) technologies, to programs of record.
· Experience with DoD acquisition programs.
· Experience negotiating and briefing management and sponsors concerning technical and strategic priorities.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.