Payload Systems Engineer (PSE)
Unleash Your Potential
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is seeking a Payload Systems Engineer (PSE) to provide preflight and real-time engineering support for Research Operations and Integration (ROI) operations on the International Space Station.
Join our team and discover a culture of collaboration, innovation, diversity, trust, caring management, communication transparency, work-life balance, and overall job satisfaction. Share your resume with us today!
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, apply today!
The Payload Systems Engineer (PSE) will be responsible for pre-flight software load testing, verification, documentation, and implementation of systems-level engineering elements needed to support ROI in-flight experiments. The PSE will also assist in the preparation of the crew training facilities for training activities. As a member of the increment console operations ground control team, the PSE is responsible for monitoring the health and status of all active onboard equipment, real-time software commanding to the Human Research Facility Rack, hardware and software anomaly resolution, and science data management. This position acts as the engineering subject matter expert for pre-flight preparation and post-flight operational analyses.
This position is located at the Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX.
Must be able to pass a Public Trust background investigation; per contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residency is required.
Your Main Objectives:
- Ensure compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental Plan, all safety laws, and the Company's safety policies
- Adhere to the Quality Assurance Plan, policies and procedures to ensure established standards are met
- Support console shifts (2nd & 3rd shifts) in the TeleScience Support Center as required for ROI experiment sessions
- Serve as primary contractor point of contact to the MSFC Payload Rack Officer (PRO), Data Management Coordinator, and Huntsville Operations Support Center (HOSC) personnel
- Act as Engineering subject matter expert for inflight operations and anomaly resolution
- Perform on-orbit Human Research Facility (HRF) Rack commanding in support of crew operations
- Administer training for Ground Support Personnel and crew on HRF Racks
- Conduct data routing, testing, verification, management and distribution to principal investigators
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering, or closely related field and at least 2 years' relevant experience
- Knowledge of system-level engineering principles and their application
- Experience solving complex problems by quickly identifying and implementing solutions
- Experience collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams to achieve shared goals
You Might Also Have:
- Familiarity with life sciences NASA support operations, including console operations
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.