Senior Systems Engineer
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
The Sensors Branch within the Leidos National Security Space organization currently has an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer to work in our San Diego, CA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to help us define and design space sensor payload programs as part of the Leidos team transforming the payload solutions for the future.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
You will work closely with the Chief Engineer, Systems Engineers (including Integration and Test), Software Engineers, and as well as Government counterparts to perform and manage the full spectrum of systems engineering tasks to include employing Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), requirements analysis, system and interface design, system integration, system testing, and all associated documentation.
- Responsible for managing and employing SE standard methods, MBSE models and artifacts, SE processes and tools to accomplish requirements analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities
- Interface with government personnel to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve SE issues
- Work closely with the chief engineer, electrical, optical, mechanical, thermal and test engineers on the following key tasks:
- Technical management and execution of engineering activities requirements analysis, implementation planning, third party coordination, integration and test, documentation, deployment, and system assessment
- Employ MBSE approach for systems planning, design, execution, and operations
- Define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, interfaces and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
- Develop and maintain systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models through use of MBSE tool
- Create meaningful entry/exit criteria for all technical reviews, and advocate for appropriate review artifacts, activities, documentation and stakeholder participation
- Monitor & report technical variances; facilitate resolution of technical issues and risks that adversely impact successful product delivery
- Identify and manage external dependencies
- Develop new and novel methodologies for improving system integration
- Employ new technologies to solve problems and then apply those solutions
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, systems engineering, or related technical field with at least 12+ years of experience in systems engineering or Master's degree with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- US citizenship and have the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Experience with employing MBSE approach and tools (NoMagic, Rational, or similar)
- Demonstrable knowledge of systems engineering concepts and applying these concepts to military or commercial space systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers in the development of complex software systems
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
You’ll really WOW us having one or more of the following:
- Displayed ability in the modeling, design, assembly, integration, and test of complex systems (commercial or government) who can handle the challenging development environments.
- Communication skills (oral and written) to advise, counsel, and/or guide people on complex technical matters.
- Creative problem solver and demonstrate a broad ranging technical management and team development experience.
- Experience with the following tool suites is a plus:
- Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Cameo Systems Modeler
- Active Secret security clearance or ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance
- Master’s degree in systems engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.