Systems Engineer SME
Leidos is seeking a Windows Engineer who will provide support for maintaining and enhancing infrastructure as well as the day-to-day maintenance support for troubleshooting Windows virtual systems and servers. This role requires an individual with technical expertise administering Windows servers within a physical and virtual environment. The candidate will provide Windows engineering support and be responsible for building and patching Windows servers in support of current and future systems and applications. This role is responsible for interacting with a team of network engineers troubleshooting problems for multiple systems and network environments. This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence and analyzes existing infrastructure for tuning/performance enhancements. In this role, you may be required to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions on customer servers.
* Perform best practice engineering support for an environment consisting of Windows servers.
* Perform application packaging, deployments, documentation, and release control in a complex and customized IT environment.
* Provide advice, technical consultation, and Tier 3/Tier 4 support guidance by analyzing and resolving problems and evaluating alternative means of satisfying user requirements.
* Engage in requirements gathering and validation with stakeholder groups and end users to understand and address current needs across server environments, as well as emerging/future trends.
* Research, test, and deploy security patches and vulnerability mitigation and remediation configuration changes.
* Engage with network engineers and be able to “speak their language” to troubleshoot and solve technical issues
* Provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of complex IT systems. Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems from network-wide application and system problems.
* Perform automation tasks through scripting and testing.
* Effectively support a blend of operational and test network engineering/administration activities.
* Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and technical documentation.
* Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, and resolution steps taken) for Root Cause Analysis and process improvement initiatives.
* 8+ years’ experience as a Windows Engineer
* BS degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience; additional experience in lieu of degree accepted.
* TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph required
* Experience building, configuring, patching Windows servers
* Scripting experience
* Thorough understanding and/or experience with Microsoft server administration
* Proven experience with VMware or other virtualization technologies and Systems Engineering
* Experience managing and configuring VDI environments
* Proficient with troubleshooting Windows OS computing environment
* Knowledge of basic networking and network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, routing, firewalls, SSH, VPNs)
* Hands-on experience with reviewing system logs and events to resolve issues
* Develop and provide solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact dev, test and production computing enclaves.
* Demonstrate the ability to manage data backup and recovery evolutions as required.
* Experienced with creating and managing critical system work instruction and Standard Operating Procedure documentation.
* Must be able to work independently to develop solutions to technical problems.
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $257,325.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.