As a Systems Engineer, you will work as an integral member of a government/contractor team supporting our customer's operations organization. The systems engineer supports all aspects of the system lifecycle - from design and analysis to integration and testing. In this role, you will perform requirements analysis, assess vendor produced documentation, and participate in systems testing and integration. Your work will encompass advanced systems, such as command and control elements and data processing systems.
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 12 years of experience.
- At least four (4) years of recent experience integrating systems processes and/or software development methodologies, planning, designing and analyzing functional system processes - either hardware or software-based systems.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance is required in order to be considered. Candidates who do not possess this clearance will not be considered - no exceptions.
- Experience as a subject matter expert within a technical domain.
- Experience with the Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approach to systems engineering.
- Proficient using systems engineering modeling tools (e.g. CORE/GENESYS, Cameo Systems Modeler, MagicDraw or MapleMBSE) to support system requirements, design, analysis, verification & validation, and continuing throughout development and later life-cycle phases.
- Demonstrated ability to devise solutions for complex problems that require in-depth analysis of tangible and intangible factors.
- Experience converting a system definition to a sufficiently detailed system design specification to support system development and deployment.
- Experience working as a member of a multidisciplinary project team that may include engineers, scientists, designers, and technicians.
- Significant verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment; present and explain technical information to colleagues, management or sponsors.
- An active TS/SCI with polygraph is highly desired.
- Subject matter expert knowledge of advanced system concepts related to aerospace and/or spacecraft engineering and demonstrated experience with the development of proposals to meet customer requirements.
- Aerospace and/or spacecraft engineering experience designing, assembling or testing applicable hardware.
- Experience and a demonstrated record of success developing and implementing innovative solutions for a diverse range of highly complex multi-disciplinary problems and devising corrective actions where necessary.
- Experience influencing solutions that has significant impact on project results
- Experience developing system engineering processes for phases of the system development lifecycle, including transition.
- Experience developing and publishing system architecture documents, project plans, test plans, test results, and transition plans.
- Experience working with both users and developers to properly capture and translate system use cases to technical requirements.
- Experience investigating and documenting existing system architectures
- Experience supporting operations.
Pay Range:Pay Range $122,200.00 - $220,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/04/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.