Spaceflight Systems Engineer
Leidos Defense Systems Sector is seeking a passionate, detailed-oriented problem-solver to serve as an Entry-level Systems Engineer to support defense and civil space systems in the Space Division. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, our Defense Systems Sector provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
As an integral member of the Space Division Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) Branch, the successful candidate will leverage digital engineering and systems engineering practices and tools, including CAMEO, to identify challenges and formulate candidate solutions within complex, highly interdependent hardware systems and programs. The systems engineer will work with a Lead Systems Engineer (LSE) in executing space systems system engineering for prototype development and as-build configurations. This includes definition and application of Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP) defined processes including requirements definition, requirements updates, change requests, verification planning and execution, and acceptance testing. The systems engineer will work to apply systems engineering standard processes and best practices to workflows to efficiently.
- Support derivation of system requirements from Task Order, Specifications and Test Plans
- Support verification and traceability of deliverables back to System Requirements
- Participate in the identification, tracking, planning and execution of mitigations for program risks
- Participate in development of a complex digital engineering model which will be used to optimize planning and scheduling of aerospace systems
- Assist in development of verification plans and process improvements
- Facilitate configuration management of the technical data package
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of overall system interdependencies and interfaces
- Implement creative solutions to ensure program requirements are upheld
- Perform other related job duties as required
- Bachelor Degree in Systems Engineering from an ABET accredited institution with less at least 2 years applicable experience and minimum GPA of 3.2
- Understanding of systems engineering processes
- Ability to stay focused and succeed in dynamic and fast paced environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
Organizational skills to document work and interface with team members to ensure flow of information
- Experience with CAMEO
Original Posting Date:2024-01-11
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $117,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.