Systems Engineer/Site Lead ( R-00033893 )
The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Sr. Systems Engineer Level 4 to work on customer site at Ft. Belvoir, VA.
The Systems Engineer will support the US Army INSCOM IT Support Services program. The ideal candidate will lead the team that is responsible for the engineering, maintenance and support of core technologies that host business systems including virtual Server Infrastructure, Storage Area Network, Server Operating Systems, Active Directory, Server Hardware and Server Monitoring and Management Technology. This individual acts in a supporting role to other branches across the organization to ensure that the organization's information technology infrastructure is operating securely, reliably and efficiently.
- Responsible for all engineering projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas, from analysis of mission needs to verification of system performance
- Manages the hands-on day-to-day issues related to engineering activities and operations including security and maintenance
- Develops solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple area or disciplines.
- Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
- Analyze system requirements, leads design and development activities, and meets all technical requirements related to engineering
- Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
- Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Develop, review and/or approve system architecture and engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
- Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Establish a process to formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements, consider impacts prior to commitment to change, gain stakeholder buy-in, eliminate ambiguity, ensure traceability to source requirements, and track and settle open actions
- Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
- Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers
- Directs multiple contractor and subcontractors teams through to project completion.
- Master's degree in a technology related field with 6+ years of experience in Systems/Network Engineering, or Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interface with military officials, managers, and subordinates
- Currently possess DoD 8570.01M certification at IAT Level II, such as Security+ CE
- Currently possess Computing Environment certification such as CCNP, CCSP, MCSE or Role-based Microsoft Certified Expert in relevant area
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI
- Knowledge of PowerShell and the ability to write custom scripts for various purposes
- ITILv3 certification
- DoD 8570.01 certification at IAT Level III, such as CISSP
- DoD 8570.01 certification at IA Workforce System Architecture and Engineering (IASAE) Level I, such as CASP CE, CISSP (or Associate), CSSLP