Systems Engineer ( R-00047592-OTHLOC-PL-2D0230 )
Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) has an exciting opening for you, our next System Engineer, to assist with the release of a state-of-the-art technology stack supporting a developing NMEC program. LInC program includes next generation machine learning pipeline platforms which will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members.
Be our next System Engineer providing technical systems engineering support in our Reston, VA or Bethesda, MD office. As one of our SEs, you will work closely with the Lead SE, Systems Engineers, Software Engineers, Architects, and Operations Engineering/Manager as well as Government counterparts to perform and manage the full spectrum of systems engineering tasks to include requirements analysis, feature, system and interface design, system integration, system testing, as well as working with the SE team in support of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and all associated documentation. You will take on the role as a Scrum Master to lead a software development team while managing risks, escalating impediments, and helping to drive continuous process improvement. integration,
You will work closely with the Architects, systems engineers, software and data engineers, and data scientists on the following key tasks:
• Technical support, coordination, and execution of systems engineering activities such as feature/requirements analysis, design, implementation planning, integration and test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment
• Perform systems engineering tasks within time-boxed (e.g. agile) sprints and releases. Support sprint and release planning activities as well as the creation of and/or input to work tickets (e.g. JIRA) as well as program/system documentation through the use of collaboration software (e.g. Confluence)
• Support and employ MBSE approach for systems planning, design, execution, and sustainment in coordination with the Lead SE and SE team members
• Help to define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
• Assist in the development and maintenance of systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models working in coordination/collaboration with Lead SE and SE team members
• Assist in establishing SE processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities• Obtain solid understanding of software features in order to plan for current and upcoming releases
• Hold daily scrums and document minutes/actions/status
• Hold Agile ceremony meetings with the software development team
• Participate in release planning, scrum of scrums, bug triage and other pertinent meetings
• Coordinate with test team members on release/hotfix testing
• Report release status to PM staff and Customer as needed
• Assist with resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery
• Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed
This is you:
• BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience with 10+ years in software development, system engineering or related field, or 4 additional years in lieu of degree. 8+ years of experience with Master’s degree.
• Must have an active Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
• At least 5+ years’ experience working as a systems engineer
• Experience/knowledge of key Agile processes and techniques
• Experience with facilitating scrum for the team (Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo)
• Experience providing scrum reports (burndown charts, velocity, etc.)
• Experience with Gitlab (workflow), JIRA, and Confluence
• Ability to track and produce key metrics
• Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-pace environment.
• Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution
• Familiarity with a MBSE approach and tools or experience with framework/approach similar to MBSE
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Software development/coding experience with programming languages such as Python, Java, and React
• Experience with database systems, search engines, model view controller (MVC); web applications
• Experience in a Linux Red Hat and Centos environment
• Experience with big data applications
• Technical degree and/or certifications
• Scaled Agile Framework certification (SAFe Agilist or other)
• Familiarity with continuous integration/continuous development tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, or equivalent)
• Experience with tools such as Atlassian, Jira, and Confluence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.