Systems Engineer ( R-00047814 )
The Systems Engineer role provides technical expertise, planning design, development, and integration, verification and validations and fielding across an Agile team to ensure system application requirements and user stories are ready for implementation. This role supports software systems development, including documenting system application requirements, system interfaces, and data sources; and, supporting technical planning, development, integration, and verification and validation. This role refines customer roadmaps, enterprise epics, and strategic requirements into detailed requirements and actionable user stories to be delivered by the entire team. This role coordinates with the Scrum Master to prioritize user stories that realize customer requirements. Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, software development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
- Collaboration across multiple agile teams
- Lead technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding
- Evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems; resolve highly complex multi-domain systems issues
- Perform systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance
- Rotate role from O&M to Dev Ops and vice versa as required for Agile processes
- Perform system prototyping of features through hands-on design and development implementation tasks
- Perform automation tasks through scripting and testing
- Work closely with developers and infrastructure team to document user story backlog in provided tool
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a Bachelors and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or a Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Experience directing and controlling activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met.
- Experience interfacing with and providing strategic recommendations to senior customer and program management
- Work with clients to develop requirements and deliverables.
- Provide mentorship and direction to junior systems engineers.
- TS/SCI with Poly required for Position
- Experience working on ODNI systems
- Understanding of ODNI system development policies