Systems Engineer ( R-00051445 )
Leidos is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer for its Fort Meade Engineering team; who will contribute to the overall engineering, design, build, implementation/integration, and operations support of all existing and new Infrastructure. To be successful in this role, you should have been a Senior VMWare Administrator. US Citizenship is required and an active Top Secret clearance is required to qualify.
• Work as an integrated member of the engineering team building DOD systems using advanced NSX/ESXi networking functionalities such as virtual or distributed switches, network emulation devices, network overlay technologies and NIC offload capabilities
• Manage Fort Meade lab environment infrastructure for day to day operations
• Provide top-level technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis with minimum guidance.
• Identify, assess, and present options for meeting the functional and technical requirements including software updates or upgrades.
• Formulate and define specifications for operating system applications or modify and maintain existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
• Create detailed design specifications for use by software development staff members.
• Interact with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction.
• Manage all messaging systems, Windows Server Enterprise supported by the Infrastructure team by performing server builds, virtual machine management, server maintenance, etc.
• Manage VMware vSphere environment and all supporting components, NSX, vRA, vROPS, etc.
• Recommend and implement changes to the overall system and messaging environments through following an institutionalized change management process
• Act as an escalation point on critical issues for various internal technology groups
• Communicate accurate and useful status reports to management on a timely basis.
• Anticipate issues and pro-actively resolve them.
• Prepare contingencies, scenarios, scenario plans and action items to resolve issues
• Identify and initiate continuous improvements.
• Interact with vendors in the resolution of complex problems.
• Effectively communicate with customers, help desk support personnel and senior technicians.
• Facilitate training sessions for peers on new technology solutions, optimization, upgrades, trouble-shooting techniques, new technology and administration tools.
• Create and maintain technical documentation to include system design documents, network diagrams, user guides, and release notes
• Bachelor's degree in a related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Network Engineering, Math) and 8 years of experience OR at least fifteen (15) years of general experience, of which ten (10) years is directly related experience, a degree is not required.
• Must hold or be able to obtain DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification within three months of onboard.
• U.S. citizenship is required with an active Top Secret clearance.
• Eight years direct experience, in the last ten years related in experience identified below:
- Solid experience with Microsoft applications in a VMware virtual environment
- Strong experience in implementing and troubleshooting vCenter and Virtual Machines
- Strong experience in implementing and troubleshooting Virtual Networking configurations as well as Distributed Virtual Switches
- Strong experience in Hypervisor and Virtual Machine Storage
- Strong experience in SAN and NAS administration
- Strong experience managing a Windows environment, including but not limited to Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy.
- Strong experience in Public and Private Key services (Design and Implementation)
- Experience with modifying Powershell scripts for administration and automation of Day 1 – Day 3 Operations.
- Experience with VMware Operations Manager, LogInsight, Subject Matter Expert with either Active Directory, Exchange, VMWare, SharePoint, or other complex Windows applications
External Referral EligibleExternal Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top SecretTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Systems EngineeringPay Range: