Systems Engineer ( R-00052319 )
Leidos is excited about our continued work with a Department of Justice (DoJ) Federal law enforcement agency.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to support the Disaster Recovery COOP development and maintenance of architecture, applications, infrastructure for this customer. This position will be based out of Sterling, VA but will be up to 90% remote.
The successful candidate will support the redesign that will focus on engineering, analysis, and documentation of current and objective Enterprise Architectures to ensure system stability in all situations.
The Systems Engineer will participate on the technical design team for COOP/COG architecture development efforts that will describe and integrate all current planning for modification, upgrade, evolution, and modernization of existing systems components. These activities will focus on implementing System-of-System methodologies and integrating current system architectures and components into a detailed enterprise architecture.
Position responsibilities include:
- Developing recommendations concerning continuation, modification, or elimination of COOP plans
- Collecting and assessing current proven solutions and emerging concepts for implementation into the DR COOP plan
- Assess the ability of the current and planned capabilities to achieve the desired mission outcomes and execute the identified tasks, under the full range of operating conditions to fully meet agency standards.
- Identify gaps or redundancies; the attributes and parameters systems will be used to fill the gaps, and operational mission priorities will also be used for the elimination of gaps or redundancies.
- Demonstrate exceptional writing, briefing skills, and technical enterprise leadership are a foundational element of the support needed to meet the customer challenges.
- Document and articulate aspects of the critical architecture products and systems capabilities.
- Work with other JSEIO products including technology assessment reports, technology implementation plans, systems engineering documentation, and alternative analysis reports.
- Ensure Microsoft Cloud Exchange replication between data centers. Performs troubleshooting of systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties, coordinating with third party vendors as appropriate. Provides refresher training to staff on systems features as appropriate.
- BS in technical engineering related fields plus 6+ years’ experience OR MS in technical engineering and 5+ years of experience as identified in the bullets below
- Disaster Recovery implementation experience around AD, ADFS, DNS, DHCP specific to Microsoft
- Disaster Recovery implementation for Exchange Domain Controller experience in Enterprise
- Disaster Recovery implementation experience with SQL Server 2016 with expertise around File Server
- Experience in Microsoft Cloud Exchange replication between multiple data centers
- Azure cloud implementation and integration experience.
- Certifications in MCSE or MCSA required
- Must have an Active Secret Clearance (or higher) to be considered for this position
- Prefer some CloudBolt experience if available.